How to choose a private hospital or clinic
By Keith Pollard on 03 November 2022
A checklist of things to consider when choosing a private hospital or clinic
Download as printable PDF
Questions to ask when comparing private hospitals
- Does the hospital specialise in the treatment that you require?
- What are the hospital’s patient satisfaction scores?
- Does the hospital publish hospital infection rates and complication rates?
- What quality and accreditation standards does the hospital meet?
- What is the availability of a high dependency or intensive care unit, should something go wrong?
- What support services are available for your care after the operation?
- What happens in terms of costs if complications arise and you need to stay in hospital longer?
- What does the hospital have to offer, how does it differ from alternatives and what sort of philosophy of care do they offer?
- Find and compare hospitals on GoPrivate.com
- Check out the results of hospital inspections from the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Find a hospital or clinic