Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Nima Heidari: Consultant Foot and Ankle Surgeon in London
Based at The London Sports Injury Clinic, 108 Harley Street, Mr Nima Heidari is a Fellowship-trained consultant orthopaedic surgeon specialising in conditions of the foot and ankle, complex lower limb trauma and complex foot and ankle reconstruction including correction of deformities and limb length discrepancy.
Education and experience
Mr Heidari undertook his medical training at St George’s Hospital, qualifying in 1998. He took further orthopaedic and trauma training on the prestigious Royal London Rotation and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2009.
He went on to spend a year at the Bristol Limb Reconstruction Unit, gaining experience in the following fields:
- Management of foot and ankle pathology in adults and children
- Complex trauma
- Reconstruction of the lower limb
Mr Heidari has travelled widely in Europe, Canada and USA on multiple fellowships in trauma and foot and ankle surgery. He has received several prestigious fellowships including:
- AO fellowship in the trauma unit of the Medical University of Graz, Austria
- The EFORT (European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology) travelling fellowship to Lille University Hospital in France
- BOA (British Orthopaedic Association) travelling fellowship to University of Miami
He undertook a coveted Churchill Fellowship in 2012 by the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust for a project conducted at several centres of excellence in the US and Canada.
Mr Heidari’s NHS practice is at the St Bartholomew's and Royal London teaching hospital in London.
Mr Heidari treats the full range of conditions affecting the foot and ankle using the very latest technology and techniques, including ankle joint preserving surgery for arthritis and ankle arthroscopy.
Foot & Ankle
- Adult flat foot (Pes Planus)
- Adult high arch (Pes Cavus)
- Ankle Arthritis
- Arthritis of the foot and great toe
- Complex foot and ankle fractures
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Sports injuries of the foot and ankle
- Trauma to the foot and ankle
Lower Limb Reconstruction
- Lower limb deformities
- Lower limb length discrepancies
- Bone infection
- Complex Post-trauma conditions
- Techniques of minimally invasive fracture fixation
- Bone biology and fracture healing
- The effect infection on skeletal tissues and bone healing
- The use of stem cells in bone healing
- Patient outcomes following limb reconstruction,
- Lower limb trauma
- Foot injuries
- Innovation in healthcare
- Use of telemedicine in improving patient outcomes
Book an appointmentBook a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Nima Heidari is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
MBBS, MSc, FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Qualified in 2004
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 4518475 Date of registration: 11-Aug-1999