Gastric bypass surgery by an expert
Consultant Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Obesity, Weight-Loss, Hernia and Gallstone Surgeon
07876... 07876618424 Reveal phone no. >
Sanjay Agrawal: Consultant Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Obesity (Weight-loss), Bariatric, Hernia and Gallstone Surgeon in London
Mr Sanjay Agrawal is a senior specialist laparoscopic (keyhole) obesity (weight-loss) and bariatric surgeon offering a wide range of weight loss procedures including gastric sleeve, gastric band and gastric bypass. He also provides general and upper gastrointestinal surgeries for conditions such as reflux, gallstones and hernias. Mr Agrawal sees patients in Harley Street and in different private hospitals in London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
Training and experience
Mr Agrawal has had extensive training in UK, Belgium, Japan and India, and has experience of over 1250 keyhole obesity procedures to date. In addition, he has undertaken more than 2000 general surgical procedures so far.
Mr Agrawal has joined Top Doctors® UK by invitation and become a member of their international medical team following identification of him as a leading specialist in Obesity Surgery in the
Mr Agrawal is also the Clinical Director and founder of Harley Street Obesity Clinic in Harley Street.
Mr Agrawal is Symposium Director of London International Bariatric Surgery Symposium (LIBSS). He has edited a book titled 'Obesity, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery: A Practical Guide' which has achieved more than 192,000 individual chapter downloads electronically worldwide since release (2015).
Mr Agrawal has the honour of being the first and only post-CCT Fellow in bariatric and upper GI surgery awarded under the National Surgical Fellowship Scheme through the Royal College of Surgeons of England in the country. He has also completed a 3 month fellowship in bariatric surgery with Dr Bruno Dillemans at St. Jan Hospital in Bruges, Belgium, awarded by The Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT), UK.
Mr Agrawal was a Visiting Fellow on the Ethicon short-term clinical visits programme awarded by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Ethicon Foundation Fund in the Gastric Surgery Division at the National Cancer Center and Cancer Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan.
Mr Agrawal trains other surgeons in the field of bariatric and laparoscopic surgery.
Mr Agrawal's main areas of research interest are in obesity/weight loss surgery, in particular in investigating outcomes and complications of obesity/weight loss surgery from a clinical perspective. He has made numerous presentations at national and international meetings and is a regular contributor of publications to peer reviewed journals.
Mr Agrawal is the lead editor of 'Obesity, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery', a comprehensive textbook that covers all aspect of bariatric and metabolic surgery and offers an up-to-date summary in this field for a wide range of healthcare professionals.
All the private hospitals Dr Agrawal works with in London, Essex and Hertfordshire are equipped with the latest state-of-the-art surgical technology, allowing him to offer the highest quality treatment.
A consultation with Mr Agrawal to discuss treatment can be made at any of the hospitals listed by calling his private secretary on 07876 618424. Next day appointments are often available and patients seeking weight loss surgery can ask for a telephone consultation, if interested.
Prices vary according to the procedure performed and the hospital used. Guide prices for obesity surgery are available from London Obesity Clinic and other prices can be obtained by calling 07876 618424 or by filling in the online enquiry form.
Mr Agrawal has a specialist interest in obesity/weight loss (bariatric) surgery, keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery and upper gastrointestinal surgery. He provides an extensive range of obesity and general procedures, including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, gastric banding, hernia repair, anti-reflux surgery and gall bladder surgery, using minimally invasive keyhole techniques wherever possible.
A highly trained and skilled keyhole (laparoscopic) surgeon, Mr Sanjay Agrawal offers a comprehensive range of weight loss surgeries including gastric sleeve, band and bypass, as well as a variety of general and gastrointestinal surgical procedures such as hernia and gall bladder surgery.
- Obesity/weight loss (bariatric) surgery
- Keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery
- General surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Gall bladder surgery
How much does obesity surgery cost?
Laparoscopic Gastric Band: Packages start from £6,495*
- Rivers Hospital, Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, CM21 0HH: £6,495*
- Nuffield Health-Brentwood Hospital, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8EH: £7,250 (BMI < 50)*
- Spire London East (formerly Roding) Hospital, Redbridge, Essex IG4 5PZ: £7,720 (originally £8,040 – Standard band)*
- BMI The London Independent Hospital, Stepney Green, London, E1 4NL: £6,850 for BMI < 50 & £7,850 for BMI > 50*
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy / Gastric Sleeve: Packages start from £7,995*
- Rivers Hospital,Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, CM21 0HH: £7,995*
- Spire London East (formerlyRoding) Hospital,Redbridge, Essex IG4 5PZ: £8,582 (originally £8,860)*
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8EH: £9,340 for BMI < 50 & £11,450 for BMI > 50*
- BMI The London Independent Hospital, Stepney Green, London, E1 4NL: £9,950 for BMI < 50 & £10,950 for BMI > 50*
Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass: Packages start from £8,995*
- Rivers Hospital, Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, CM21 0HH: £8,995*
- Spire London East (formerly Roding) Hospital, Redbridge, Essex IG4 5PZ: £9,680 (originally £10,000)*
- Nuffield Health-Brentwood Hospital, Brentwood, Essex CM15 8EH: £11,785 for BMI < 50 & £13,425 for BMI > 50*
- BMI The London Independent Hospital, Stepney Green, London, E1 4NL: £10,950 for BMI < 50 & £11,950 for BMI > 50*
* depends upon hospital; also, these are guide prices based on you being fit for the procedure - quotes may vary according to individual requirements and discuss this with team following your consultation.
x During the ongoing pandemic, there may be an additional fee for the COVID-19 test - please ring the relevant hospital for an up-to-date package price of the surgery.
Book an appointment
07876... 07876618424 Reveal phone no. >
sanju... firstname.lastname@example.org revealBook a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Sanjay Agrawal is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
MBBS, MS, FRCSEd, FRCSGlasg, FRCS (Gen. Surg)
Qualified in 1994 in India
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 5204374 Date of registration: 22-Jan-2002
Memberships and associations
Sanjay Agrawal is a member of the following professional associations and organisations...