07846... 07846440265 Reveal phone no. >
Naweed Shahid: Consultant Gynaecologist in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and St Helens
Mr Naweed Shahid is an experienced Consultant Gynaecologist with a specialist expertise in urogynaecology, laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery and colposcopy. With a private practice covering Northwest England, he offers high quality, individualised care for problems such as prolapse, urinary incontinence, menstrual disorders, fibroids, endometriosis and menopause.
Video appointments now available. Book now.
Training and experience
Following his medical training in Pakistan, Mr Shahid was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. He completed his Certificate for Training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Northwest Deanery, acquiring advanced training in laparoscopic surgery, urogynaecology and colposcopy.
Mr Shahid was appointed as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in 2008. He offers private treatment, including outpatient consultation and procedures and major gynaecological surgery, at BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, BMI Beaumont Hospital in Bolton, Oaklands Hospital Salford, Fairfield Independent Hospital in St Helens and The Wilmslow Hospital HCA in Cheshire.
Mr Shahid has a specialist interest and expertise in laparoscopic surgery and urogynaecology. He offers the highest standards of personalised care and provides conservative and surgical management of menstrual disorders, uterine and vaginal prolapse and urinary incontinence, taking care to ensure that patients are fully involved in the decision-making process. Mr Shahid is experienced in all types of prolapse surgery, including surgery without the need for hysterectomy, as well as surgical procedures for female urinary incontinence. He performs 90% of hysterectomies laparoscopically (keyhole surgery) or vaginally, resulting in a quicker recovery and no abdominal scar.
Mr Shahid provides comprehensive management of abnormal cervical smear. He is accredited by British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology. He is lead colposcopist in Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust.
Mr Shahid also provides an extensive range of general gynaecology procedures, including transvaginal scanning and outpatient endometrial ablation with Minitouch. He has extensive experience in the management of menopause and is trained in MonaLisa Touch, an innovative minimally invasive treatment for vaginal dryness.
Initial consultation fee: £190
Follow-up consultation fee: £90
- Conservative and surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse
- Conservative and surgical management of urinary incontinence, including non-mesh surgery such as laparoscopic and open colposuspension, autologous sub-urethral fascial sling
- Laparoscopic and open surgery for prolapse of the vagina and womb, including womb conserving surgery (laparoscopic sacrohysteropexy)
- Vaginal surgery for prolapse including anterior repair, posterior repair, Manchester repair and sacrospinous fixation (SSF)
- Outpatient Botox bladder injection for overactive bladder
- Outpatient Bulkamid urethral bulking injection for stress urinary incontinence
- Urodynamic testing
- Colposcopy and outpatient loop excision treatment (LLETZ)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Laparoscopic/vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis
- Menopause, including the management of vaginal and bladder symptoms
- MonaLisa Touch
- Myomectomy (removal of fibroids) – laparoscopic and open
- Outpatient endometrial ablation (Minitouch)
- Outpatient hysteroscopy
- Outpatient removal of endometrial polyp (TruClear)
Book an appointment
07846... 07846440265 Reveal phone no. >
lisa.... firstname.lastname@example.org revealBook a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Naweed Shahid is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
MBBS FRCS MRCOG
Qualified in 1985 in Pakistan
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 4491017 Date of registration: 13-Mar-1998
Memberships and associations
Naweed Shahid is a member of the following professional associations and organisations...