Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician
01753... 01753 314204 Reveal phone no. >
Fatima Husain: Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician in Berkshire and Buckinghamshire
Miss Fatima Husain is an expert Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician. Boasting 30 years of experience, she runs her own private fertility practice, ‘Windsor Gynaecology & Fertility’ which provides gynaecological and IVF services throughout Windsor, Ascot, Slough, Gerrards Cross, Chalfont, Maidenhead, Berkshire and the surrounding areas. Miss Husain can treat a range of gynaecological problems such as pelvic pain, period problems and infertility.
Holistic fertility care
Miss Husain strives to give every couple a holistic care approach, this means that every outcome is considered for a couple with fertility issues and their case is looked at in its entirety. This holistic approach means that patients understand exactly what their options are and provides them with a sense of solidarity and knowledge about their issue.
She assures that the couple are seen together, and if a patient wishes to have tests elsewhere then she is more than happy to review them. For Miss Husain, every situation is unique, her case by case approach ensures that a couples’ needs are fully seen to and addressed, whether its emotional or social.
Experience and training
Miss Husain did her undergraduate training at King’s College Hospital, graduating in 1986. She went on to complete her postgraduate training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in London after working at Queen Charlotte’s Hospital and St George’s Hospital.
She also received specialist IVF and fertility training at Guy’s Hospital Assisted Conception Unit.
Her private gynaecology practice, ‘Windsor Gynaecology & Fertility’, can be found at Spire Thames Valley. Her clinic serves various areas in South East England including Ascot, Windsor, Slough, Gerrards Cross, Chalfont and Maidenhead.
Fatima also works at two NHS consultant posts; Heatherwood and Wexham Park hospitals (Frimley Health)
Miss Husain is a member of multiple specialised medical bodies, including:
- British Medical Association
- British Fertility Society,
- British Society for paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology
- British Menopause Society
- British Society for Gynaecological Laparoscopy
- European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology.
Initial consultation fee: £200
Follow-up consultation fee: £200
TVS (internal scan): £125
A highly experienced Consultant based in South East England, Miss Husain offers a top-quality obstetrics and gynaecology service.
She has a special interest in couples experiencing infertility and miscarriage problems, but can also provide help for a range of obstetric and gynaecological conditions.
Fatima also manages and treats fertility associated problems such as endometriosis and fibroids, all of which can be tackled by Miss Husain.
Fatima has an extensive roster of gynaecological issues that she treats, such as pelvic pain, painful sex and menstrual disorders. Alongside this she has special clinical interest in polycystic ovary syndrome, early pregnancy complications, endometriosis, menopause and hormonal problems.
For most these problems she regularly performs laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, a safer more minimal form of surgery.
Gynaecological issues she treats:
- Heavy periods
- Painful periods
- Irregular cycles
- Pelvic pain
- Painful sex
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Ovarian cysts
- Fertility problems
- Pregnancy planning/preconception care
- Menopausal problems
- Well-woman checks
Fertility services offered:
- Cycle monitoring with scans
- Testing of the fallopian tubes
- Ovarian reserve testing
- IVF including IVF/ICSI
- Male partner testing
Medical procedures offered:
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Endometrial ablation
- Laparoscopy and dye test
- Transvaginal scanning
- Fibroid surgery (transcervical resection of fibroids)
- Endometriosis surgery
- Fallopian tube testing
- Ovarian Reserve testing
Miss Husain is heavily involved in research and teaching aspects outside her primary role of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, with particular interests in Obesity and PCOS, IVF and Reproductive issues.
She has authored and co-authored multiple papers looking at various obstetric and gynaecological problems:
- ‘Parkinson’s Disease’. Quinn N.P., Husain F.A., Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1986 Aug 9; 293 (6543): 379-82.
- ‘Extramammary Paget’s disease of the vulva with dermal invasion and vulva intra-epithelial neoplasia’ Hawley I.C., Husain F.A., Pryse-Davies J., Histopathology. 1991 Apr; 18(4): 374-6.
- ‘Reproductive issues from the Islamic perspective’. Husain F.A. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2000; 3 (2): 124-128.
- ‘K (+) transport in red blood cells from human umbilical cord’ Speake P.F., Muzyabmba M.C., Husain F., Luckas M., Ellory J.C., Gibson J.S., Biochem Biophys Acta.2001 Jun 6; 1512(2): 231-8.
- ‘Midwifery led-units: choice and safety’ Husain F., Phillip W.R., Rapid response on-line publication on 03.10.07 to article "Is there enough evidence to judge midwifery led units safe?" Prof L Page & Prof Drife in British Medical Journal 29.09.07.
- ‘Ethical dimensions of non-aggressive fetal management: A Muslim perspective’ Husain F., Seminars in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, Volume 13, Issue 5, Pages 323-324, Oct 2008.
What patients say about Fatima Husain
We were referred to Dr Husain when my wife and I were having some trouble conceiving our first child. Before our first meeting we were a little apprehensive at how our first appointment would go with such a delicate subject, but I am happy to say it was an amazing experience. Dr Husain talked to us like real people, not just patients, and very quickly drew up a plan of action which would help get my wife pregnant. After a few appointments Dr Husain quickly diagnosed the problem and proposed that IVF would be the best, and quickest route, for my wife to get pregnant, rather than playing roulette with the various fertility drugs. At this point we were expecting to be simply handed over to an IVF clinic but to my surprise Dr Husain provided support, and advice, on how to select a clinic and what to expect. We eventually went for the IVF treatment and we were very lucky that my wife fell pregnant with our first cycle. Nine months later our son was born at Wexham Park Hospital. We are totally in awe and incredibly grateful to Dr Husain for her professionalism and assistance, in allowing us to have a family and have no hesitation in recommending her services.Name Supplied
Book an appointment
01753... 01753 314204 Reveal phone no. >
secre... firstname.lastname@example.org revealBook a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Fatima Husain is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
MBBS, MRCGP, MRCOG, Diploma in Psychosexual Medicine
Qualified in 1986
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 3169612 Date of registration: 31-Jul-1986