Mr Chatrath praised following tonsil removal
Consultant ENT and Facial Plastic Surgeon
0203 ... 0203 865 7225 Reveal phone no. >
Paul Chatrath: Consultant ENT and Facial Plastic Surgeon in London
Based on Harley Street, Mr Paul Chatrath is an established Consultant ENT and Facial Plastic Surgeon in London and Essex. He manages all general ENT conditions including children’s ENT disorders and has a specialist interest in nose and sinus problems, including allergy, cosmetic nasal and facial deformities, septorhinoplasty and balloon sinuplasty for sinusitis.
Training and Expertise
Mr Chatrath's NHS practice is at Charing Cross Hospital (Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust), London. He is Honorary Senior Lecturer, Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, Essex and Visiting Professor in Rhinology at Canterbury Christ Church University, Kent. Mr Chatrath also runs private practices at The Spire Hartswood Hospital, Brentwood, Essex Nuffield Hospital, Brentwood, Spire Roding Hospital, Ilford and Holly House Hospital, Buckhurst Hill, Essex.
Mr Chatrath graduated from Cambridge University and The London Hospital Medical College with distinctions in three subjects and Proxime Accessit to the University of London Gold Medal. He completed his Higher Surgical Training in ENT Surgery in London. After passing the Final FRCS examination he was granted a Certificate of Completion of Training and now holds a substantive NHS consultant post at Charing Cross Hospital (Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust), London.
In addition to managing and treating all general ENT conditions, with a specialist expertise in nose and sinus problems, both in his NHS and private practices, Mr Chatrath is an experienced and skilled facial plastic surgeon. A member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, he provides both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures such as rhinoplasty and ear pinning to enhance or correct facial features, always individually tailoring procedures to the requirements and facial proportions of the patient to provide a balanced and natural-looking result.
During his final years of training Mr Chatrath completed a higher research degree (MD) in the diagnosis of benign versus malignant laryngeal pathology. He was also awarded the Lionel Colledge & New York Travelling Fellowships by The Royal College of Surgeons of England, and travel grants by The Royal Society of Medicine and The Journal of Laryngology & Otology to pursue further training in specialist units in Chicago and Amsterdam.
Mr Chatrath is the author of a number of peer reviewed papers, books and review articles on ENT and facial surgery related topics.
- Nouraei SAR, Virk JS, Kanona H, Zatonski M, Koury EF, Chatrath P. Non-invasive Assessment and Symptomatic Improvement of the Obstructed Nose (NASION): a physiology-based patient-centred approach. Accepted for publication Clin Oto 2016; 41:327-340
- Elmiyeh B, Heywood RL, Prasad VM, Chatrath P, Bassett P, Quiney R. A prospective, single blind, crossover study comparing three nasal hygiene systems and corresponding patient preference for such devices. J Laryngol Otol 2014; 14(1): 1-5
- Nouraei SAR, Hudovsky A, Virk JS, Chatrath P, Sandhu GS. An audit of the nature and impact of clinical coding subjectivity variability and error in otolaryngology. Clin Oto 2013; 38: 512-524
- P Stimpson, R Talwar, P Chatrath. A prospective audit of an important change for outpatient procedure coding in ENT: how we do it. Clin Otolaryngol 2010 (Apr); 35(2): 142-6.
- P Chatrath, SAR Nouraei, J De Cordova, M Patel, HA Saleh. Endonasal endoscopic approach to the petrous apex: an image-guided quantitative anatomical study. Clinical Otolaryngology 2007; 32(4): 255-260
- P Chatrath, A Frosh, A Gore, SAR Nouraei, J Harcourt. Identification of predictors and development of a screening protocol for cerebello-pontine lesions in patients presenting with audio-vestibular dysfunction. Clin Otolaryngol. 2008 (Apr); 33(2): 102-7.
- P Chatrath, J De Cordova, SAR Nouraei, H Saleh. Facial asymmetry. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery 2007; 9(3): 184-187
- P Chatrath,O Rahim. MRCS: MCQs for the Surgical Membership. Blackwell Scientific Publications 1999
- Readers Digest – “Your Body: Your Health”. Carroll & Brown publishers, 2001.
- Presentation and investigations for common ENT conditions
- CA East, P Chatrath. Otoplasty. ENT News 2006; 14(6): 53-55
- A Sil, P Chatrath, DJ Gatland. Deafness in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome. Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2006; 120: 416-418
Number of key procedures performed each year
- Balloon sinuplasty: 40
- Endoscopic sinus surgery +/- polypectomy: 40
- Septorhinoplasty including cosmetic rhinoplasty: 100
- Pinnaplasty (including minimally invasive): 15
- Tonsillectomy +/- adenoidectomy: 50
- Insertion grommets: 50
- Repair split ear lobe: 10
- Excision facial skin lesions: 10
- Voice surgery: 15
- Facial scar revision: 5
I Specialise in
Initial consultation fee: £225
Follow-up consultation fee: £150
Paul Chatrath is an ENT surgeon with a specialist interest in facial cosmetic surgery, including rhinoplasty and the correction of protruding ears.
- Adenoid removal (adult and child)
- Botulinum toxin (Botox) - one area
- Clearing of the sinuses
- Ear conditions such as draining, drum repair, ear pinning, syringing and wax removal (microsuction)
- Insertion of grommets
- Nasal polyp removal
- Neck cyst removal
- Nose enlargement, reshaping, surgery for blocked noses and swelling removal
- Parotid gland removal
- Pre-auricular Sinus Excision
- Sinus surgery
- Snoring surgery
- Tongue tie operation
- Tonsil removal (adult and child)
- Voicebox and vocal chords examination by camera
Book an appointment
0203 ... 0203 865 7225 Reveal phone no. >
conta... firstname.lastname@example.org revealBook a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Paul Chatrath is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
MA(Cantab), MD(Lond), FRCS(ORL-HNS)
Qualified in 1995
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 4194530 Date of registration: 06-Aug-1996
Memberships and associations
Paul Chatrath is a member of the following professional associations and organisations...