Consultant ENT Surgeon
01892... 01892 740671 Reveal phone no. >
Julian Hamann: Consultant ENT Surgeon in Tunbridge Wells
With over 18 years of experience, Mr Julian Hamann is an expert Consultant ENT Surgeon working at Spire and Nuffield Health Hospitals in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. He specialises in paediatric ENT, problems of the nose and sinuses, allergies, voice disorders, snoring, thyroid cancer and all general ENT conditions.
Video appointments now available. Book now.
Training and experience
He then undertook advanced surgical training is nasal reconstruction and endoscopic sinus surgery at Guy’s Hospital, and thyroid surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital. Following his extensive training, Mr Hamann went on to gain his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 2006, allowing him to practice as a senior surgeon.
With over 18 years of experience as an ENT surgeon, Mr Hamann has experience in treating ENT conditions of all levels of severity and complexity. He works in multidisciplinary teams to ensure patients receive the highest level of treatment and care. He is part of a pioneering reflux multidisciplinary team where Mr Hamann lends his expertise on the management of throat symptoms, and is also part of specialised teams in the areas of paediatric ENT and thyroid cancer.
ENT treatments provided
Mr Hamann’s practice encompasses all areas of general ENT, offering treatments for both adults and children. His areas of speciality include:
- Head and neck pathology
- Paediatric ENT surgery
- Rhinology / endoscopic sinus surgery
- Thyroid disease
- Voice disorders
Committed to providing patients with the highest standard of care, Mr Hamann uses his extensive experience and top qualifications to provide second opinions on challenging cases and also regularly undertakes both routine and complex revision surgery.
As well as consulting privately at Spire and Nuffield Health Hospitals in Tunbridge Wells, Mr Hamann also offers his expertise to the Queen Victoria Hospital, where he is an honorary consultant, and Tunbridge Wells Hospital.
His initial consultation fee is £260, and follow up consultations are £160
His company has been described as one of the top five digital health startups to watch, and has had its mobile health devices displayed at the Design Museum in London. It has been recognised for its work in the development of technology in the medical sector and has been awarded:
- AXA-PPP Health Tech and You Award (Signs and Symptoms)
- Winner of HSJ Value in Healthcare Award (Value and Improvement in Telehealth category)
- Winner of the Medtec UK Start-up Academy
- Shortlisted for British Engineering Excellence Award and nominated for World Design Impact Prize
Mr Hamann has published research in some of the most esteemed journals on a wide range of ENT topics, as well as also presenting at national and international conferences. Publications include:
- 2006 Three-Dimensional Nasal Changes & Simulation in Rhinoplasty.J Hamann, F Bello, D Roberts, G Smith, G Scott. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2006; 135(2): 147-148
- 2006 Adult Adenoidectomy: A Retrospective Review of 42 Patients.J Hamann, M Mansuri, D Nair, D Golding-Wood. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, 2006; 135(2): 135-135
- 2006 Audit of Nasendoscope Disinfection Practice. I Street, J Hamann, M Harries. Surgeon 2006; 4(1): 11-13
- 2005 Facial Plastic Surgery Planning Using a 3D Surface Deformation Tool. Kavagiou Z, Bello F, Scott G, Hamann J, Roberts D. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2005;111:247-50
- 2003 Osteogenesis Imperfecta in Otology. Julian Hamann BSc MRCS (Ed), ChiroDutta FRCS (ORL), David Bowdler FRCS. CME Bulletin Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery 2003; 7(1): 11-12
- 2002 Statistical Analysis for Trainees. Guy Nash FRCS, J Hamann MRCS (Ed), V Kalsi MRCS. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (suppl) 2002; 84:200-201
- 2002 Assessing Psychological Morbidity in Patients with Nasal Deformity Using the CORE® Questionnaire. J Hern, J Hamann, P Tostevin, J Rowe-Jones, A Hinton. Clinical Otolaryngology 2002, 27, 359-364
- 2001-2002 Statistics in Surgical Research. Guy Nash, Julian Hamann, Vinay Kalsi. ASIT Yearbook 2001-2002: 45
What patients say about Julian Hamann
I found him to be extremely professional and personable and took the time to explain exactly what my symptoms related to and what I could do to reduce the effect of the tinnitus. It was a very satisfactory visit and I have had a follow up ear test to determine the degree of any hearing loss.by Mrs VM
Book an appointment
01892... 01892 740671 Reveal phone no. >
natal... email@example.com revealBook a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Julian Hamann is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
MBA, FRCS (ORL), Msc, BSc (Hons), MB, BS (Lond), MRCS Ed
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 4448349 Date of registration: 05-Aug-1998