07958... 07958 430 195 Reveal phone no. >
David Brull: Consultant Cardiologist in London
Dr David Brull is a London heart specialist and leading Consultant Cardiologist whose private practice is based at The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth. With wide experience in treating all aspects of adult heart disease, his specialist interest is in the treatment of coronary artery disease through percutaneous coronary intervention (angioplasty and stenting).
Training and experience
Dr David Brull qualified at the Royal Free Hospital Medical School in 1992. He has worked in several London teaching hospitals (Guys Hospital, The Royal Free Hospital and University College London Hospital) and following a period in clinical research was appointed Consultant Cardiologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer to The Whittington Hospital and Heart Hospital, University College Hospitals in October 2003. Dr Brull became Cardiology Clinical Lead at The Whittington in 2011.
Following his appointment in 2003, Dr Brull played an integral part in setting up the Primary PCI Service based at Heart Hospital UCLH, providing immediate access and round the clock treatment for heart attack patients throughout North and Central London. In April 2015 The Heart Hospital services moved to The Bart’s Heart Centre, forming the UK’s largest Cardiothoracic centre.
Dr Brull has wide experience in treating patients with all common cardiac conditions including: angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure), heart failure, referrals for investigation of palpitations and collapse, cardiovascular risk assessment, perioperative cardiac assessment and treatment of elevated cholesterol levels.
- Angina (chest pain)
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary intervention with angioplasty and stenting
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart failure (shortness of breath)
In addition to his work in the field of coronary artery disease, Dr Brull runs a specialist perioperative risk assessment clinic for patients prior to elective general and bariatric surgery, working with a large multi-disciplinary team in order to reduce perioperative risk.
Conditions & treatments
Dr Brull offers specialist treatment for a range of conditions that affect the heart, including:
Dr Brull is fee assured by all major insurers.
Consultation fees for uninsured patients:
- Initial consultation: £250
- Follow-up consultation: £200
Dr Brull has published widely in a large number of peer-reviewed journals, particularly in the field of cardiovascular genetics and on the recovery from cardiac surgery.
- Higher IL-6 levels but not IL6 -174G>C or -572G>C genotype are associated with post-operative complication following coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.Sanders J, Hawe E, Brull DJ, Hubbart C, Lowe GD, Rumley A, Humphries SE, Montgomery HE.Atherosclerosis. 2008 Sep 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Association of serum interleukin-6 concentration with a functional IL6 -6331T>C polymorphism. Smith AJ, D'Aiuto F, Palmen J, Cooper JA, Samuel J, Thompson S, Sanders J, Donos N, Nibali L, Brull D, Woo P, Humphries SE.Clin Chem. 2008 May;54(5):841-50. Epub 2008 Mar 20
- Free Interleukin (IL)-18 levels, and the impact of IL18 and IL18BP genetic variation, in CHD patients and healthy men. Thompson SR, Novick D, Stock CJ, Sanders J, Brull D, Cooper J, Woo P, Miller G, Rubinstein M, Humphries SE.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007 Dec;27(12):2743-9. Epub 2007 Oct 19.
- A cortical potential reflecting cardiac function. Gray MA, Taggart P, Sutton PM, Groves D, Holdright DR, Bradbury D, Brull D, Critchley HD. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.2007 Apr 17;104(16):6818-23. Epub 2007 Apr 9.
What patients say about David Brull
This is to thank you for your kind, humerous, sparkling demeanour, transforming "seeing the doctor" into a surprising pleasant experience. May fortune favour you.
Book an appointment
07958... 07958 430 195 Reveal phone no. >
enqui... firstname.lastname@example.org revealBook a consultation now
MBBS BSc MD FRCP
Qualified in 1992 in United Kingdom
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 3678857 Date of registration: 04-Aug-1993