The most commonly asked questions, answered
When a person consumes alcohol for a very long period of time and experiences withdrawal difficulties when alcohol is not available, the patient is said to be dependent on it. The CAGE questionnaire is commonly used to confirm the condition. This is a progressive, life-threatening condition, where a person is psychologically and physically dependent on alcohol. The first line of treatment might be detoxification plus psychiatric and social support.
Submit a request for further information, a quotation or indicative cost. Your enquiry will be forwarded to up to 3 private healthcare providers. They will respond directly with further information.
Addiction Helper is a confidential service for people with addictions, created by people in recovery.
- FREE Advice incl NHS & Private
- Bespoke treatment options
- Access to 100s of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Direct access to treatment counsellors
- No.1 In the UK & featured in national media
Use Addiction Helper if you are seeking free advice, an intervention, detox/home detox, rehab or aftercare/counselling.
Submit a request for further information, a quotation or indicative cost for private UK treatment.
- Your enquiry will be forwarded to up to 3 private healthcare providers
- They will respond directly with further information