Based in Manchester, Mr Shah is an orthopaedic and trauma consultant who specialises in lower limb problems, in particular hip and knee replacements and knee arthroscopy. He has extensive experience in medicolegal practice, providing reports on clinical negligence within his specialist areas.
After completing his orthopaedic higher specialist training in the North West, Mr Shah went on to do advanced training fellowships in hip and knee replacement and revision surgery at Wrightington Hospital
and the Orthopaedic and Arthritic Institute in Toronto, Canada. Practicing in Manchester, he has a special interest in lower limb surgery, particularly patients with hip and knee arthritis.
His elective practice consists mainly of hip and knee replacement surgery. Additionally, he also provides the regional service for pelvic and acetabular fractures in the NHS for the North West. Mr Shah also teaches on various courses nationally and also abroad, such as the AO fracture fixation courses. Furthermore, he has lectured in various forums such as the Royal Society of Medicine
Mr Shah's research interests include monitoring the outcomes of acetabular fractures, hip revision arthroplasties and pelvic ring injuries. Mr Shah has studied hip resurfacing through evidence based review, and has researched hip revision surgery through the impaction of bone grafting and elbow replacements. His research has been presented at several national, European and international meetings such as the British Trauma Society, British Hip Society, British Association for Surgery of the Knee, British Orthopaedic Association meeting, EFORT and the American Academy.
At his NHS Practice, he provides regional tertiary pelvic-acetabular trauma service and has a special interest in primary and revision hip and knee joint replacements, long bone and joint articular fractures and knee arthroscopy. Mr Shah's work load consists of specialist lower limb and some general upper limb trauma, periprosthetic fractures around joint replacments and soft tissue injuries arising from accidents, falls and other mechanisms. Mr Shah also treats young adults who have a variety of different hip and knee problems. Additionally, he provides treatment for dysplasia, labral pathology, early arthritis, soft tissue problems, sports related bony injuries and performs the Ganz osteotomy for young adults with dyplastic hip problems.
Experience in medicolegal reporting
Mr Shah provides reports on clinical negligence within his specialist area of practice, including primary and revision hip and knee replacements, pelvic and acetabular fractures and long bone and periarticular trauma.
Mr Shah provides reports on personal injuries that arise from road traffic accidents, falls, slips, trips, major trauma, upper and lowe limb and pelvic fractures (wrist, hip, tibia, ankle and femur), soft neck tissue and back injuries (whiplash), injuries of the knee, ankle and periprosthetic fractures and low velocity impact.
His workload is approximately split between 40:40:20 Claimant/ defendant/ single joint expert.
- 2013 May, Complex and Curious Personal Injury Claims, Leeds, Organisers - 7 Solicitors LLP J Kelbie and Barrister J Dingle, Jackson reforms discussed
- 2012 - Medicolegal update, BOA September 2012
- 2012 - Faculty Courtroom Skills course, Irwin Mitchell, TLA Medicolegal & Kings Chambers Leeds 2012
- 2012 - Clinical Negligence in Orthopaedics, Wrightington, Feb 2012
- 2011 - Enrolled Bond Solon Certificate course
- 2011 - Faculty -Courtroom experience training course, BTS, Manchester
- 2011 - The Whiplash conference Leeds 2011 (discussion about LVI)
- 2011 - Medicolegal reporting training course Leeds 2011
- 2010 - Clinical Negligence training course Leicester June 2010
- 2010 - Medicolegal Training and report writing course Leeds May 2010
- 2008 - Core and Essential Medicolegal Training courses, Bolton
- 2007 - Medicolegal report writing course
- 2006 - Medico-legal Experts certificate- (Inns of Court School of Law, City University, London, & In Practice Training)
- 2006 - Medico-legal report writing (core skills) Professional Solutions
Accreditation and admitting rights at private hospitals
Mr. Nikhil Shah is an accredited consultant for the UK's leading private healthcare providers and private hospitals including Spire Healthcare.
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.