Hugh Byrne is a London based consultant gynaecologist who specialises in laparoscopic surgery for gynaecological conditions and other women’s health issues, including endometriosis, fibroids, pelvic pain, period problems, vaginal bleeding, sexual problems, polycystic ovaries, ovarian cysts, early pregnancy problems and contraception.
About London Gynaecologist Hugh Byrne
Mr Hugh Byrne, MRCOG, undertook undergraduate training as a doctor in Dublin and specialist training as an obstetrician and gynaecologist in major London Hospitals including the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and Queen Charlotte’s.
He developed his laparoscopic surgical skills at St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington. He also undertook a fellowship in further laparoscopic surgery in Strasbourg, France and research into endometriosis at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London.
Mr Byrne has a busy NHS practice at St George’s Hospital, London, where he specialises in the treatment of fibroids and endometriosis as well as many other gynaecological conditions. A successful NHS base is a good indicator of a consultant’s reliability.
Clinical interests - gynaecology and women's health
Mr Byrne’s specialises in laparoscopic surgery for gynaecological conditions and other women’s health issues.
Gynaecological conditions treated
- Pelvic pain
- Period problems – heavy, irregular or painful periods
- Unusual vaginal bleeding: mid-cycle or bleeding after sex
- Painful intercourse / other sexual problems
- Polycystic ovaries and the problems that they cause
- Ovarian and other cysts
- Early pregnancy problems and contraception
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Fertility assessment including tubal surgery
- Surgery for endometriosis
- Fibroid removal (myomectomy), including laparoscopic myomectomy
- Assessment for uterine artery embolization (UAE)
- Hysteroscopic surgery such as fibroid resection or womb lining ablation
- Ovarian cyst surgery
- Miscarriage and laparoscopic cervical cerclage
- Hysterectomy – including keyhole surgery
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.