PruProtect has a range of new improvements to its severity-based Serious Illness Cover. New conditions have been added to extend the scope of cover as well as to reflect medical advances and their impact on lifestyles.
The new product now features:
- 8 new conditions
- Premium reductions where a cancer exclusion is applied
- Comprehensive Cover now covers 161 conditions
- Primary Cover now covers 100 conditions
- A number of enhancements to other existing definitions, including heart attack
The new conditions covered are:
- Lumpectomy for ductal carcinoma of the breast
- Carcinoma of the oesophagus
- Severe inflammatory Crohns disease
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Spinal tumours
- Pemphigus vulgaris
Deepak Jobanputra of PruProtect says, "We are covering conditions that impact peoples lives at all ages."