Leading international health insurance provider Goodhealth Worldwide has announced a number of changes to its flagship International Healthcare Plan (IHP) product.
Key new added benefits include:
- specific cover for organ transplantation
- ancillary charges to cover the costs of wheelchairs and crutches up to the value of £625
- a benefit for rehabilitation with a limit of 120 days per medical condition.
- extension of cover for bodily injury as an innocent bystander to include war risks in addition to acts of terrorism.
- the extension of Chinese medical cover to include recognised practitioners outside China and referral for alternative medicine by a GP rather than just a specialist.
- AIDS cover which moves from a £30,000 per lifetime benefit to £6,250 per period of cover.
- the routine management of chronic conditions – including renal dialysis - moves from £30,000 per lifetime to £9,375 per period of cover
- routine pregnancy and childbirth benefit has been increased to £6,250 per period of cover.
Managing director, Martin Garcia comments: “Many of the changes we are making reflect medical developments or respond to new practices in the healthcare industry.The revised covers and benefits and rationalised wordings will ensure that the IHP maintains its competitiveness at the top end of the international healthcare market.”
Goodhealth Worldwide is a leading international healthcare insurance provider with offices in the key expatriate centres of Bermuda, Miami, London, Dubai, Jakarta, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
The company offers a wide variety of international health insurance policies – including market-leading products - to over 50,000 expatriates and local nationals in over 100 global locations.