Why is health insurance so difficult to understand?
- Condition and Treatment
- Privacy Notice
LaingBuisson Business to Business Privacy Notice
The following notice applies to brands owned and operated by LaingBuisson International Limited, including Private Healthcare UK, HarleyStreet.com, Treatment Abroad and the International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is a new European regulation for the protection of personal data that will come into force on 25 May 2018 and will be put into UK law through the Data Protection Bill which was unveiled by the government in August 2017. Before 25 May 2018, the 1998 and 2003 Data Protection Acts apply.
What personal information does LaingBuisson International Limited hold?
Where provided, we have the names, work addresses and email addresses of post holders working for companies and organisations in the UK private healthcare and international medical travel sectors. These include post holders working in independent hospitals and clinics, hospital and clinic groups, medical travel agencies and facilitators as well as various public sector organisations. In addition, we hold information relating to post holders in suppliers and advisors (e.g. lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, management consultants) to the UK private healthcare and international medical travel sectors.
What do LaingBuisson International Limited do with the data?
We use the data we collect in the following ways:
- We are a leading provider of market intelligence for the UK private healthcare and international medical travel sectors and conduct surveys in support of our range of market reports. We rely on having good, up to date data to ensure we reach the right people.
- We use the data for direct marketing purposes. Any communications that we send clearly include an ‘unsubscribe’ option.
- We use data for the processing of sales and the delivery of orders to clients.
How we collect information
We collect data in the following ways:
- From public websites which publish contact information.
- Through our surveys. Individuals are given the opportunity to opt out from receiving emailed surveys.
- Through our sales process during which we require client’s details to invoice them and send them the products they order.
- Individuals can subscribe to our website and mailing lists online.
LaingBuisson International Limited’s data is held in our password-protected CRM systems which are only accessible to selected staff.
If you do not wish us to use your data ourselves or license your personal data to a third party for marketing purposes you can:
- Request to unsubscribe via any of the direct marketing communications that we send.
- Write to the Digital Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 3 Churchgates, Wilderness, Berkhamsted, HP4 2UB
What marketing channels and on what basis can LaingBuisson International Limited data be used after 25 May 2018?
Our communications are ‘business to business’ (B2B) and as a result we are processing data on the legal basis of ‘legitimate interest’.
- Postal communication and marketing – this will remain an ‘opt-out’ channel.
- Telephone communication and marketing - all telephone numbers must be screened against the CTPS (Corporate Telephone Preference Scheme) prior to being used for marketing purposes. Otherwise, this is an ‘opt-out’ channel.
- Email communication and marketing – this will remain an ‘opt-out’ channel.
What restrictions are there on the use of LaingBuisson International Limited data for marketing?
- All communications must be relevant and proportionate.
- All communications must contain a clear opportunity to opt-out from future correspondence.
- All requests to opt-out are honoured.
- Data used for marketing must be recently downloaded (i.e. within the past month) to ensure it is as up to date as possible.
We process data on the basis of ‘legitimate interest’ and can make legitimate interest assessments available for viewing as required. Private individuals are asked to opt-in to receive electronic communication and marketing from us.
Enquiry Forwarding Service Terms and Conditions
By using the LaingBuisson International Limited enquiry forwarding service, our clients agree to the terms and conditions below:
- You must not sign-up individuals referred through the enquiry forwarding service for any marketing communications without explicit permission from them.
- You must not sell or pass on data provided by us to ANY third parties.
- Data we provide is licensed to you for up to 12 months and must be deleted after this period, unless:
- You obtain explicit consent from the individual to store and/or use their data.
- In addition, you are obliged to:
- Respond to all enquiries within 48 hours of receipt.
- Provide the treatments and services with all due care and attention.
- Give individuals referred to you through the enquiry forwarding service equal standing with your existing customers.