Dr Houssien discusses the safe and innovative laser acupuncture his practice offers, an alternative to solve back pain issues
Locum Consultant Rheumatologist
02084... 02084347999 Reveal phone no. >
Dhiya Houssien: Expert locum consultant rheumatologist in London
Dr Houssien comes with over 20 years of experience in the treatment of pain. He manages his patients in his centre based on the prestigious Harley Street in London and uses a combination of alternative and traditional medicine.
Training and experience
Dr Houssein undertook his studies in medicine at King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, followed by a Master’s degree in rheumatology at Birmingham University, and finally a clinic PhD in rheumatology at King’s College.
He is currently working as a rheumatologist in the Medical Subspecialties Centre in Jeddah, alongside training medical students in his clinic, and gives informative seminars at national and international conferences.
More recently, he has developed a non-drug based treatment of laser acupuncture for the management of back, neck, shoulder, and knee pain, which has been presented at several international conferences.
The primary goal was to treat patients more efficiently, reducing the number of treatment sessions
to one or two sessions in addition to drug therapy if it is needed. Dr Houssein’s method of treatments means that patients with painful conditions could be treated by just one or two sessions under his care.
This is one of the reasons why he has been chosen as one of top doctors in the UK.
Dr Houssein also has a centre for rheumatism, acupunture, physiotherapy, psychology, neurosurgery and dermatologyin Saudi Arabia.
In addition to the 20 original papers in peer reviewed journals, he has published 50 abstracts in peer reviewed journals and presented them at 40 international meetings & conferences.
I specialise in
• Laser acupuncture for the management of back, neck, shoulder and knee pain
• Management of knee, back and shoulder pain
• Chronic fatigue
• Osteoarthiritis of the hip, spine and knee
• Rheumatoid arthritis
An initial consultation with Dr Houssein is £250 and a follow-up consultation is £200.
Dr Houssein has published extensively over the previous decades, with twenty papers in both peer-reviewed journals and over 50 published abstracts.
- Scott DL, Houssein DA, Laasonen L.Proposed modification to Larsen's scoring methods for hand and wrist radiographs. British Journal of Rheumatology 1995; 34: 56.
- Houssien DA, McKenna S, Scott DL, The Nottingham Health Profile as a measure of disease activity and outcome in RA. British Journal of Rheumatology 1997; 36: 69-73.
- Houssien DA, Jonsson T, E Davies, Scott DL, Clinical significance of IgA rheumatoid factor subclasses in rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of Rheumatology 1997; 24 : 2119-22
- Houssien DA, Jonsson T, E Davies, Scott DL. Rheumatoid factor isotypes, disease activity and the outcome of rheumatoid arthritis: comparative effects of different antigens.Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology 1998; 27:46-53
- Lassere M, Houssein D, Scott DL, Edmonds J. Reference curves radiological damage in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: application of quintile regression and fractional polynomials. Journal of Rheumatology 1997; 24 (7): 1288-94.
- Houssien DA, Scott DL.Early referral and outcome in rheumatoid arthritis. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology 1998; 27(4): 300
- Houssien DA, Jonsson T, Scott DL. Smoking, rheumatoid factors and rheumatoid arthritis. Annals of Rheumatic Disease 1998; 57: 175-176
- Scott DL, Houssein DA. Joint assessment in rheumatoid arthritis. British Journal of Rheumatology 1996; 35(suppl. 2): 14-18.
- Scott DL, Houssein DA. Clinical and laboratory assessments in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. British Journal of Rheumatology 1996; 35 suppl. 3: 6-9.
- Scott DL, Laasonen L, Priolo F, Houssein DA, Cerase A, Bacarini, Cammisa M. The radiological assessment of rheumatoid arthritis. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology 1997; 15 (suppl 17): S53-S62.
- Houssien DA, Carr AJ. Techniques for health status measurement in the management of RA. BioDrugs. 1999; 11: 21-30.
- Sangha O, Houssien D, Stucki G. Standardized assessment of health status with self-administered patient questionnaires in rheumatic diseases. EULAR 1998; 27/1:21-24
- Houssien DA, Stucki G, Scott DL patient-derived disease activity score can substitute for a physician-derived disease activity score in clinical research. Rheumatology (Oxford). 1999; 38(1):48-52.
- Houssien DA, Stucki G, Scott DL Possibilita di sostituire un indice di attivita pathologica ricavato dal medico con uno ricavato dal paziente nella ricerca clinica (Italy). Rheumatology (Oxford). 1999; 3(2):13-18.
- Chung YL, Mitchell HL, Houssien DA, Al-Mahrouki H, Carr AJ, Scott DL A comparative study of outcome in myositis and other musculoskeletal disorders assessed using the Nottingham health profile. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2001; 19(4):447-50
- Steer S, Ibrahim F, Abozaid H, Pollard L, Khoshaba B, Houssien D, Lempp H, Scott DL The effects of ethnicity on disease activity and disability in rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Rheumatol 2010.
- Safi MA, Houssien DA, Scott DL Disease Activity and Anti-Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide (Anti-CCP) Antibody in Saudi RF Negative RA Patients. Journal King Abdul-Aziz University: Med Sci 2012.; 19(3):3-20
- Houssein DA, Houssien AD. Proceedings of the 7th world congress of the international society of physical and rehabilitation medicine (ISPRM, Beijing, China, June 16-20, 2013: 163-165
- Safi MA, Houssien DA, Scott DL, Safi O. The clinical association of Anti-Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide (Anti-CCP) Antibody in Patients with rheumatoid arthritis in Saudi Arabia. Journal of Autoimmunity 2014. 48-49:1-152.
- Mohammad-Ayman A Safi, Dhiya A Houssien. Serological Association with Extra-articular conditions in Saudi Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Medical Science, 2015, 16(65), 29-37.
- Over 50 publications on the subject of rheumatism in different Arabic newspapers and magazines in several countries (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, UK)
Book an appointment
02084... 02084347999 Reveal phone no. >
dia@d... firstname.lastname@example.org revealBook a consultation now
MB ChB M Med. Sc.
Qualified in 1998 in United Kingdom
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 4489128 Date of registration: 27-Feb-1998
Memberships and associations
Dhiya Houssien is a member of the following professional associations and organisations...