07739... 07739 172597 Reveal phone no. >
Dr Alexandra Quigley: Clinical Psychologist in London
Dr Quigley is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, London, offering effective and evidence-based talking therapies for people with physical health conditions and anxiety disorders.
Video and phone appointments now available. Book now.
Training and Experience
Dr Quigley has 15 years of experience working in the NHS, conducting research and delivering therapy in renowned centres of excellence.
Acquiring her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University College London in 2011, she then went on to achieve her Post Graduate Diploma from Royal Holloway, University of London in 2014.
She also holds a Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Long-Term Conditions from King’s College which she gained in 2017.
Previous positions Dr Quigley has held include:
- Researcher at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience
- Researcher at the Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma
- Trainee Psychologist at the Royal Brompton
- Clinical Psychologist and Supervisor for London Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Services
- Lead Psychologist for the East London Chronic Fatigue Service
Dr Alexandra Quigley has specialist knowledge in fibromyalgia, persistent pain, chronic fatigue and also in anxiety disorders. She has also undertaken professional post-graduate training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Dr Alexandra Quigley maintains a strong interest in the latest research developments, and has also been involved in published research with world leaders in the field of anxiety disorders:
- Grey, N., Salkovskis, P.M., Quigley, A. Clark, D.M., and Ehlers, A. (2008). Dissemination of Cognitive Therapy for Panic Disorder in Primary Care. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 36, 509-520
- Stobie, B., Taylor, T., Quigley, A., Ewing, S., and Salkovskis, P.M. (2007). “Contents May Vary”: A Pilot Study of Treatment Histories of OCD Patients. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, 35, 273-282
She has also written several book reviews for the Journal of Mental Health on topics including CBT for people with cancer, schema therapy and promoting public health.
Dr Quigley offers 1:1 sessions or Skype sessions lasting 50 minutes. The fee is £130.
She is also registered with several leading insurance companies and accepts self-funded referrals. Please note: video calls are rarely covered by private insurance policies, and if you wish to have this service, it would most likely be self-funded.
Dr Quigley can offer an initial brief free-of-charge telephone consultation to discuss your circumstances, enabling you to decide if it would be helpful to meet for an assessment consultation. The next step would be a comprehensive assessment, and the development of a personalised treatment plan that is tailored to your particular needs and goals.
She aims to help people to learn new perspectives and skills that will enable them to ‘become their own therapist’ and take steps towards the changes that they need and want to make, to let go of unhelpful internal commentaries, and to develop a more helpful approach to themselves and their circumstances.
Treatment is usually offers brief (ie, between 6-12 sessions) and focused on a particular goal, but this could be extended if required and more open-ended sessions could be available if preferred.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Compassion-focused therapy
Other approaches can also be drawn upon where relevant.
Can offer help with:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis
- Chronic and persistent pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Health anxiety
See what people are saying about Dr Quigley
I have learned a number of tools to better manage my chronic condition and I feel more hopeful and confident about managing my illness. I have already started to be more grateful, re-direct thoughts when feeling stressed, do regular stretching, have kinder thoughts, and am better managing my energy levels. I honestly feel that attending these sessions has prevented me from dropping into a depression. I was not managing well but now I feel more hopeful and empowered.Anonymous
Book an appointment
07739... 07739 172597 Reveal phone no. >
dr.al... email@example.com revealBook a consultation now