Legendary Kite Boarder, Dimitri Maramenides, Still Flies with the Help of Stem Cells
Pain management specialist
0800... 0800 689 1474 Reveal phone no. >
Dr Zbigniew M Kirkor MD,PhD: Pain management and anaesthetics specialist in Chelsea, London
Dr Kirkor is a highly skilled consultant in pain medicine and regenerative orthopaedics. Dr Kirkor was the clinical lead for pain services at the Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS trust for over ten years, running a successful interventional pain management service, where he successfully treated hundreds of patients suffering with complex pain problems such as failed back surgery syndrome, lower back pain, CRPS and many more. Dr Kirkor took an early retirement from the NHS in 2020 to focus on his newly established regenerative orthopaedic clinic in London.
Dr Kirkor qualified from the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland in 1987. Shortly after this he went on to complete formal anaesthesia training in 1994 and continued to hold several high-ranking consultant posts. He moved on to obtain his PhD in medicine in 1996 and remained in Poland, enjoying a successful early medical career. Dr Kirkor moved to the UK in 2005, joining the Stoke Mandeville Hospital Pain Clinic, part of the National Spine Injury Centre (NSIC). In 2010 he made the move to Telford, Shropshire.
Stem Cell Treatments
Algocells is registered with Care Quality Commission and complies with relevant national and international regulations. The clinic employs the use of patients’ own stem cells and platelet-rich plasma in state-of-the-art treatments for spine, discs, joints, ligaments and so on without the need of having a potentially risky operation.
Algocells utilises Regenexx patented procedures and stem cell processing in its own on-site laboratory. Both Dr Kirkor and Dr Juozaitis have completed extensive training with Regenexx clinic in Colorado, USA and continue their professional development in this area by attending several courses and conferences every year.
Dr Kirkor is one of very few specialist utilising, with great success, platelet rich plasma injections for the treatment of neck instability (Cranio-Cervical Joints instability) and cervicogenic headaches. He has developed his own original treatment method for degenerated discs, involving regenerative injection and pulsed radiofrequency stimulation.
The Algocells clinic is open on Mondays and Tuesdays 10:00 - 16:00 by appointment only.
- American Academy / Board of Regenerative Medicine
- The North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Interventional Orthobiologics Foundation (IOF)
- Spine Interventions Society (Membership committee member)
Consultation fee: £200
- Lower back pain: discogenic pain, facet joints pain, degenerative disc disease, spine muscles and ligaments weakness and degeneration, sacroiliac joint pain, radicular pain
- Neck pain; neck instability, whiplash injury and Whiplash Associated Disorder (WAD)
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Joint pain caused by sport injury
- Joint “wear and tear” osteoarthritis
- Joint arthritis in Lyme disease
- Pain in the shoulder, elbow, hand & wrist, hip, knee, foot & ankle
- Spine, disc and joints degeneration
- Certain types of headaches
Epidural injections (Regenexx procedures)
- Epiduroplasty (Racz catheter)
- Facet joints (neck and lower back) injections (Regenexx procedures) and Pulsed Radiofrequency
- Dorsal root ganglion injections (Regenexx procedures) and Pulsed Radiofrequency
- Sacroiliac joints injections (Regenexx procedures) and Pulsed Radiofrequency
- Genicular nerves Pulsed Radiofrequency for knee pain
- Other nerves Pulsed Radiofrequency
- Stem Cells and Plasma injections into discs, facet joints, spine ligaments and muscles (Regenexx procedures)
- Stem Cells and Plasma injections into joints, ligaments and tendons – (Regenexx procedures)
Dr Kirkor is involved in regenerative orthopaedic research and the results have been presented on several conferences and published in peer-reviewed medical journals.
See what patients are saying about Dr Zbigniew Kirkor
Injections worked really well for first 3 weeks, pain in my left ankle was completely gone and my right ankle was atleast 75% better. Now the pain is slowly coming back but definitely not to the same level as before the injections I am back to doing all my activities now ( apart from running). I am really glad that I went for the injections, I would say my left ankle is 60 - 70% better and my right is 50% better now Thank you all againRaj
Book an appointment
0800... 0800 689 1474 Reveal phone no. >
clini... email@example.com revealBook a consultation now
Qualified in 1987 in Poland
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 5195573 Date of registration: 14-Jan-2005
Memberships and associations
Dr Zbigniew M Kirkor MD, PhD is a member of the following professional associations and organisations...