Consultant in Pain Medicine & Anaesthetics
01372... 01372735735 Reveal phone no. >
Roshan Thawale: Consultant in Pain Medicine & Anaesthetics in Surrey
Dr Roshan Thawale is a Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthetics based in Ashtead, Surrey. His areas of expertise include diagnosing and treating complex chronic pain, short-term persistent pains, abdominal pains, complex regional pain syndrome and post-surgical pain.
Training and experience
Having graduated from the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, in India, with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree in 2006 and was awarded an MD(Anaesthetics) in 2011. He then worked as an anaesthetist before moving to the U.K and retraining in anaesthetics and pain medicine. He then passed the Fellowship of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FFPMRCA) examinations as well as becoming a Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA).
Dr. Thawale has held many roles within the UK health sector, both within the NHS and private healthcare. He started as a Specialty Anaesthetics Trainee at the Northampton General Hospital and is now a Consultant in Pain Medicine & Anaesthetics for the Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, Ramsay Health’s Ashtead Hospital and Spire St Anthony’s Hospital. At his NHS base, he is the lead for ultrasound guided outpatient pain relief injections and orofacial pain.
- Abdomino-myofascial pain treatment
- Botox injection (for chronic migraine and headaches)
- Bursa injections (for shoulder and hip pain, as well as tennis and golf elbow)
- Chronic Musculo-Skeletal (MSK) pain treatment
- Dorsal scapular injections
- Epidural injections
- Greater occipital nerve block
- IV drug infusions for fibromyalgia and other chronic widespread pain syndromes.
- Joint denervations (for neck, shoulder, hip and knee pain)
- Joint injections (for abdomen, neck, shoulder, hip, thoracic costochondral, groin, pelvic, sacro-iliac, tailbone, lumbar facet and knee pain)
- Neuralgia (nerve pain) treatment
- Peripheral nerve injections for complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Spinal pain treatment
- Trigeminal nerve block and radiofrequency denervation (for trigeminal neuralgia)
- Trigger point injections
Dr Thawale has a special interest in the management of headaches and orofacial pain, which includes trigeminal neuralgia. Throughout the years, he has used unique methods to effectively manage these pains. Some of these treatments include radiofrequency denervation techniques, ultrasound guided injections and targeted injections.
In order to provide the very best care to his patients, Dr Thawale uses a holistic and patient-focused approach. This requires him to understand the patient’s needs to design the best possible management plan, but it also requires him to stay up to date with the latest techniques and innovations. By being a Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthesia, Faculty of Pain Medicine and a Member of the British Pain Society, he remains informed and educated.
Book an appointment
01372... 01372735735 Reveal phone no. >Book a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Dr Roshan Thawale is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
MBBS MD(Anaesthetics) FRCA(UK) FFPMRCA(UK)
Qualified in 2006 in India
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 7462989 Date of registration: 02-Apr-2014
Memberships and associations
Dr Roshan Thawale is a member of the following professional associations and organisations...