Expert Neurosurgeon, Dan Plev, explains the importance of flexibility and having a patient-centred approach.
Consultant Neurosurgeon & Spinal Surgeon
07901... 07901 366155 Reveal phone no. >
Dan Plev: Consultant Neurosurgeon & Spinal Surgeon in London
Based at his own private practice at 116 Harley Street, Mr Dan Plev is an experienced neurosurgeon and spinal specialist. Offering minimal invasive motion preservation, Mr Plev practices surgical and non-surgical treatment for the full range of spinal problems including degenerative spinal conditions, osteoporosis, spinal tumours and trauma to the spine.
Training and experience
Mr Dan V. Plev, MD, FANCH, graduated from Mainz University and trained in Phoenix, AZ, USA and Munich, Germany where he completed his German neurosurgical training.
After moving to London, Mr Plev worked as the Spinal Fellow at the London Spine Clinic for eighteen months, greatly increasing his exposure to and experience of treating spinal conditions. Mr Plev has adopted the Clinic's philosophy of managing patients in a holistic manner, utilising the least invasive therapeutic measures when possible, to improve symptoms.
He treats pathologies of the entire spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar), degenerative and traumatic conditions of the spine, tumours, and is now a leading surgeon in kyphoplastic cement augmentation for fractures, endoscopic discectomies and nucleoplasties and teaches regularly around the world.
Mr Plev has affiliations to The London Clinic and King's College Hospital, London. A guest lecturer at international neurosurgical and spinal conferences, he also plays an active role in faculty hands-on teaching courses and is involved in various patient support organisations, including the Artificial Disc Replacement Support Group.
Mr Plev offers surgical and non-surgical treatments for all conditions affecting the spine, from degenerative spinal conditions through to tumour. He is skilled in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques such as endoscopic discectomy, an effective outpatient treatment for sciatica.
Mr Plev has adopted a stepladder approach starting with identifying the issue and treating it as conservatively as possible. His clinical interests include.
- Assessment of patients with low back pain or neck pain
- Anterior versus posterior disc pathology – assessment and treatment
- Disc replacement surgery – adjacent level syndrome in the cervical spine
- Disc replacement surgery – cervical and lumbar spine
- Endoscopy and Arthroscopy in spinal procedures
- Motion preservation and dynamic stabilisation of the lumbar spine
- Non-surgical and surgical treatment of degenerative spinal conditions
- Non-surgical and surgical treatment of osteoporotic conditions
- Surgical treatment of disc pathology with special emphasis on non-fusion techniques
- Surgical treatment of Spinal Metastasis
His philosophy is to treat patients as he would his own family, managing patients in a holistic manner and utilising the least invasive measures when possible to improve the patients’ symptoms.
Mr Plev's clinics run Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays all day, with emergency appointments available everyday excluding Sunday, any time. His initial consultation fee is £300 without an MRI scan, and £350 with an MRI scan. All follow up fees are £250. He is covered by most major insurance companies.
Mr Plev is also available for a telephone consultation at the cost of £100.
Mr Plev has published several research papers on spinal conditions:
- The Osteoporotic Spine Fractures: Treatment Options.DV Plev, Bone Augmentation Meeting, London, UK, June 2007
- Cervical Total Disc Replacement: A Surgeons Perspective. DV Plev, British Cervical Spine Society Meeting, Newcastle/Tyne, UK, November 2007
- Multilevel Total Disc Replacement: Indication and Outcome using the Link Charite and the Prodisk Prosthesis, DV Plev & JC Sutcliffe , NASS, USA, 2004
- Nonfusion Stabilization Techniques for Multilevel Degenerative Disc Disease: Indications, Outcome and Complications using Total Disc Replacement. DV Plev & JC Sutcliffe, Artificial Disc Workshop, Stanmore, UK, 2005
- Use of Cervical Disc Replacement: 2 Year Follow-Up.Z Choudhoury DV Plev, British Cervical Spine Society Meeting, Newcastle/Tyne, UK, November 2007
Dan Plev in the media
Mr Plev is often interviewed as a renowned expert neurosurgeon in news paper articles. Below are links to his latest features:
- 'Seeing my own arm cut open? It was murder!': His novels are full of gory killings... but when Peter James had carpal tunnel surgery he just couldn't watch - Daily Mail
What patients say about Dan Plev
I saw many 'lead' surgeons, many who wanted to test and monitor for months on end. Dan, saw me and came across with more confidence and trust. Years on, I'm glad all those who weren't sure of my spine condition, or failed to give trust or confidence in their work, led me to end up on Dan's operating table. Anyone, thrown into neuro turmoil suffers worsening invisible pain to the outside world. The operation went as Dan said it would and years on the scars have healed and life is fairly normal. Thanks Dan, your a credit to your profession. A good example of being in safe hands.by TM
Book an appointment
07901... 07901 366155 Reveal phone no. >
help.... email@example.com revealBook a consultation now
Accreditation and admitting rights
Dan Plev is an accredited consultant for the following hospitals, clinics and groups...
Qualified in 1994 in Germany
Registrations and licensing
General Medical Council (GMC)
Registration no.: 4258508 Date of registration: 13-Dec-1995
Memberships and associations
Dan Plev is a member of the following professional associations and organisations...