The most commonly asked questions, answered
- About us
About Private Healthcare UK
Private Healthcare UK was established in 1996 and helps patients to find information about private medical treatment, hospitals, clinics, doctors, specialists and health insurance.
Where advice on medical conditions and treatments is provided on this site such as the conditions and treatments area, the quality of the information is assured by a rigorous editorial process, using appropriately qualified UK specialists. The information is drawn from recognised and authoritative sources to ensure that it is accurate, evidence-based and reflects best practice.
News and articles
- News and articles pages emanate from a variety of sources.
- Industry specialist Ian Youngman contributes insurance news and medical tourism news
- Featured consultants and clinics contribute articles concerning their areas of expertise
- Press releases arrive from healthcare companies
- Before and after pictures
- The pictures that demonstrate clinical cases, before and after, have not been digitally modified nor in any way enhanced. The before-after pictures present the same person. These persons explicitly agreed to have their pictures taken and to be published. It is important to know that the result presented concerns this particular person and we cannot guarantee the exact same result, since it varies depending on the patient
- All content is reviewed by the editorial team before publication. Information on healthcare services is drawn from authoritative sources to ensure that it is accurate, and up to date.
Private Healthcare UK is owned and run by LaingBuisson International Limited. It is a commercial site, funded by the revenues generated from advertising and enquiries for healthcare services.
The company also operates:
- HarleyStreet.com: Our new and improved site HarleyStreet.com maintains our focus on consultants and healthcare providers in and around Harley Street.
- Treatment Abroad - the UK's leading guide to health and medical tourism, covering over 30 destinations worldwide.
- IMTJ: The world leading journal for the medical travel sector
Company details as required under the Companies Act
Herts HP4 2UB
Company registration no: Registered in England 4858023
VAT no: 827 2935 09