The Noise Regulations require you to take specific action at certain action values. These relate to:
- the levels of exposure to noise of your employees averaged over a working day or week; and
- the maximum noise (peak sound pressure) to which employees are exposed in a working day.
The values are:
- lower exposure action values:
- daily or weekly exposure of 80 dB;
- peak sound pressure of 135 dB;
- upper exposure action values:
- daily or weekly exposure of 85 dB;
- peak sound pressure of 137 dB.