Dr Andrew Cowley is a General Paediatric Consultant in Shropshire with a private practice at the Nuffield Health Hospital in Shrewsbury and at the Severn Fields Health Village.
Dr Cowley also specialises in paediatric oncology and therefore has particular expertise in ruling out cancer in children (malignancy) if there are concerns eg inflamed glands, lymphadenopathy.
He also manages other general aspects such as anaemia (pallor), recurrent infections and unexplained or easy bruising.
Dr Cowley's paediatric training and experience
General Paediatric Consultant Andrew Cowley became a member of the Royal College of Paediatricians in 2001 and then joined the West Midlands Training programme and completed his core paediatric training in Shrewsbury, followed by general paediatric and oncology placements at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire and Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
Since 2007 Dr Cowley has been a General Paediatric Consultant at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and has been a private paediatrician at the Nuffield Health Hospital in Shrewsbury for the last year.
Private Paediatrics in Shropshire
- Private Paediatrics provides weekly outpatient clinics at Nuffield Health Hospital in Shrewsbury for children aged between 3 and 18 years.
- NEW for 2013 - Children aged 0-3 years can also be seen privately at the Severen Fields Health Village, Haughmond View Medical Practice.
- Dr Cowley sees children with all general paediatric problems, including respiratory, gastroenterology, allergy, neurology and cardiology complaints. If required Dr Cowley has many contacts for onward referral.
- He is an APLS (Advanced Paediatric Life Support) provider.
Prices for private paediatric treatment in Shropshire
Dr Cowley is an approved provider for the following health insurance companies: Bupa, AXA PPP healthcare, PruHealth, WPA, AVIVA, CIGNA HealthCare.
Typical costs for self-pay:
- New appointments - £150 consultation fee
- Follow-up appointments - £100 consultation fee
Areas covered for private paediatric treatment
Patients are referred from Shropshire and mid Wales and wide region that includes:
- Market Drayton
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.