[Skip to content]

Private Healthcare UK
Search our Site

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.


Private paediatricians and child health specialists in the UK

A paediatrician is a doctor or physician who deals with illnesses and ailments in children, from birth to adolescence. These may be acute illnesses such as asthmatic attacks or may be more chronic illnesses such as childhood epilepsy. It is important to remember that conditions in children may require different methods of treatment to those used with adults.


A paediatrician may deal with general child health and development or they might become specialised in a particular disease or condition. A consultant paediatrician who specialises may be known as a consultant paediatrician with a special interest in a particular medical sub-speciality such as neurology or endocrinology.


The consultant paediatrician will usually have MRCP or FRCP qualifications (Member or Fellow of one of the Royal Colleges of Physicians) and may have FRCPCH (Fellow of the The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) after his/her name.


Paediatricians may be a member of The British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, or the International Paediatric Association.


You can view the profile of one of our featured private paediatricians below, or you can use our online database of 18,500 private consultants to search for a private paediatrician.

Featured paediatricians

Get a Quote

Paediatric treatment

Get a quote now

Paediatric treatment in your area

Paediatric treament videos

No Video Playing

Your browser doesn't have a video player "plugin" installed.

Download the Flash video player

Once the video plugin is installed, hit refresh on your browser.