Mr Zak Rahman: Consultant General Surgeon in London and Hertfordshire offering a wide range of advanced laparoscopic and open general surgery procedures. His specialist fields of interest include obesity, oesophago-gastric, pancreatic and all types of hernia surgery.
He is the clinical
lead of the Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary surgery unit at the Royal Free Hospital,
London (Liver and Pancreatic Surgery).
About general surgeon Zak Rahman
Mr Zak Rahman, MB ChB MD FRCS is a consultant general surgeon in London. He undertook his medical training in the UK and his special interests include:
- Upper GI (stomach / oesophagus) surgery
- Biliary surgery
- Obesity surgery and
- Pancreatic surgery
- Locally advanced cancer of the pancreas
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery techniques – oesophago-gastric, pancreatic, hernias, obesity, and gallstones.
His specialist training has been undertaken in prestigious Professorial units in the UK, Hamburg, and Hong Kong. Mr Rahman is the Trust Specialist Training Director for HPB Surgery at the prestigious Royal Free Hospital in London. He is also Chair of the Laparoscopic Surgery User Group.
As well as being a pioneer in pancreatic surgery using laparoscopic techniques, he is a member of the HPB surgical team performing the biggest number of cases in the UK. The Royal Free foregut clinical unit has a national reputation for gastroparesis, oesophageal dysmotility, and complex hiatal hernia repairs.
Mr Zak Rahman also offers a range of complex surgical weight loss and bariatric treatments and holds an honorary contract with the North London Obesity Surgical Service.
Where can I get treatment with General Surgeon Zak Rahman?
Mr Rahman works at the following locations:
- Harley Street Clinic
- The Royal Free Hospital
- The Wellington Hospital
- Spire Bushey Hospital (Herts)
Following his graduation he took a Doctorate of Medicine in disorders of the Pancreas. He was also a Lecturer at The Woolfson Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery.
He was awarded the coveted Lord Smith Medal for Pancreatology in 2004, and a Hunterian Professorship in Surgery by the Royal College of Surgeons in 2008. He continues to publish extensively in peer reviewed scientific journals with over 40 publications, and has written several book chapters, and over 150 international presentations.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Anti-reflux surgery - partial / full wrap
- Laparoscopic Hellers myotomy
- Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis
- Laparoscopic Repair of incisional hernias
- Laparoscopic Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic Repair of Duodenal Perforation
- Laparoscopic Distal Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Distal Pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic Drainage of Pancreatic Cysts
- Laparoscopic Gastrojejunostomy
Accreditation and admitting rights at private hospitals
Mr. Zak Rahman is an accredited consultant for the UK's
leading private healthcare providers and private hospitals including HCA Hospitals,
GMC registration: 4319803 Check this doctor's GMC registration
Date of registration: 06 Aug 1997
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information
published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and
their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.