Dr Raj Mallipeddi is a skin cancer specialist in London with a special interest in Mohs surgery. His other areas of expertise in the skin cancer field include mole checks, skin surgery, photodynamic therapy, lasers and cosmetic dermatology.
Dr Raj Mallipeddi qualified from Imperial College School of Medicine and completed specialist dermatology training at St John's Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas' Hospital, London. He has always been actively involved in clinical research as a private dermatologist and spent over two years undertaking laboratory research within the Genetic Skin Disease Group at St John's Institute of Dermatology, finally being awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree for the study of squamous cell carcinoma in epidermolysis bullosa.
Dr Mallipeddi has published numerous scientific articles and lectures nationally and internationally. Upon completion of his dermatology training in the UK, he undertook a prestigious procedural dermatology fellowship at the world renowned UTSouthwestern Medical Centre in Dallas, USA. This provided subspecialist expertise in Mohs micrographic surgery, laser surgery and cosmetic dermatology.
Experienced and highly trained skin cancer and laser specialist in London
Dr Mallipeddi is one of the few Mohs surgeons in the UK who has completed advanced training in Mohs micrographic surgery
, which is certified by The American College of Mohs Surgery
. Mohs micrographic surgery provides assessment of the pathology during skin cancer removal so that the cancer is traced down to its roots. This achieves the highest cure rate for many skin cancers
(typically basal cell carcinoma
and squamous cell carcinoma
on the face) yet removes the least amount of normal tissue and therefore may reduce scarring. Since 2008 he has been the Clinical Director of The Dermatological Surgery and Laser Unit at St John's Institute of Dermatology
, St Thomas' Hospital
, London. He is also the Lead for skin cancer at Guys and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and is President Elect for the British Society for Dermatological Surgery. He sees referrals from across the country
and supervises the training of dermatologists in all aspects of skin surgery and lasers.
Dr Mallipeddi's clinical interests, including Mohs surgery
- Skin cancer
- Mole checks with dermoscopy and mole removal
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Laser therapies including Fraxel™ and CO2 laser resurfacing
- Photodynamic therapy
- Skin surgery for benign lesions e.g. harmless moles, skin tags, cysts and other ‘lumps and bumps’
- Botulinum toxin injections for excessive sweating
- Cosmetic dermatology including skin rejuvenation, botulinum toxin injections and skin fillers
- Chemical peels
Research interests as a skin cancer specialist in London
- British Society for Dermatological Society "wooden curette award" 2011 for contributions to the Society
- Marquis Who's Who In Healthcare 2009-10
- British Society for Paediatric Dermatology Annual Meeting Prize for best presentation
- St John' Dermatological Society registrar prize
- Fellowship of the American College
of Mohs Surgery 2014
Locations for skin cancer treatment in London
- BUPA Cromwell Hospital, SW5 0TU
- The Lister Hospital, SW1W 8RH
- St Thomas’ Hospital, SE1 7EH
GMC Number: 4410735 Check this doctor's GMC registration
Date of registration: 05 Aug 1997
Accreditation and admitting rights at private hospitals
Dr Raj Mallipeddi is an accredited consultant for the UK's leading private healthcare providers and private hospitals including HCA Hospitals.
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.