Professor Richard J Powell is an allergist at 112a Harley Street, London and a nationally recognised authority in the management of allergic diseases specialising in a wide range of conditions including: food allergy and intolerance, urticaria (hives and nettle rash), hay fever, rhinitis, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Highly qualified Harley Street allergist and immunologist
Professor Richard J Powell, MB BS DM FRCP FRCPath, is Emeritus Professor of Clinical Immunology and Allergy at Nottingham University and a member of national committees advising on standards of allergy care and related drug treatments in the UK.
Allergic diseases and conditions treated in London
Professor Powell is a nationally recognised authority in the management of allergic diseases and is a member of national committees advising on standards of allergy care and related drug treatments in the UK. He treats patients with the following conditions at his Harley Street practice:
Food reactions - both allergy and intolerance
Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reactions)
Urticaria (hives and nettle rash)
Rhinitis/hay fever (runny nose, sneezing)
- Insect sting reactions
Professor Powell's publications and presentations
- Richard Powell has over one hundred peer reviewed original publications – see CV for complete list
- First author on BSACI Guideline for the management of Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema 2007
- In 2010 he presented a lecture entitled "The Management of Angioedema" at the European Academy of Asthma and Clinical Immunology in London
Medico-legal experience in allergy, immunodeficiency, CFS and FMS
Professor Powell has 25 years' experience of preparing reports involving clinical negligence and personal injury claims.
His clinical expertise resides within:
- Allergy, including food, venom, drugs, occupational (including latex)
- Immunodeficiency (not HIV)
- Inflammatory and connective tissue conditions
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia and related disorders
- Immuno-modulatory therapies in many inflammatory disorders including the eye
Where can I get treatment in London with private allergist and immunologist Professor Powell?
Professor Powell also sees private patients at his residence in East Leake, Leicestershire and at private hospitals and clinics in Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Coventry, Leamington Spa and Northampton. See his website for further details of clincis and hospitals in the Midlands.
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information
published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and
their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.