Cranial and Spinal Neurosurgery, Paediatric neurosurgery. I manage and operate on children with:-
• Hydrocephalus (neuroendoscopy, vp shunt, va shunt, third ventriculostomy)
• Brain Tumours (Glioma, Medulloblastoma, Meningioma, Ependymoma, Pilocytic Astrocytoma)
• Brain Stem Tumours • Spinal Tumours
• Spina Bifida
• Chiari malformation
• Cerebral Palsy (Baclofen Pump Implantation)
• Antenatal counselling for parents with newly diagnosed brain or spinal problems with their child during pregnancy.
• Adult Neurosurgery
My adult neurosurgery practice reflects and complements my paediatric practice with specific expertise in:-
• Back Pain
• Leg Pain
• Lumbar Disc Prolapse
• Slip Disc
• Spina Bifida and malformations associated with Spina Bifida, including Chiari and Syringomyelia
• Spasticity, including the insertion of Baclofen Pumps.
• Brain and Spine Tumours (glioma, meningioma)
• Brain Haemorrhage (AVM, Aneurysm)
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Ulna nerve decompression
• Neck and Arm Pain (Cervical Spondylosis, Whiplash and Disc Disease)
• Brachalgia and Myelopathy
• Head Injuries
• Brain and Spinal Infections
• Facial Pain
I have a specific interest in neuro-endoscopy and perform a variety of endoscopic procedures on patients, including third ventriculostomy, endoscopic treatment of arachnoid cysts, craniopharyngiomas and also use endoscopy as a tool to tumour management.
Along with a spina bifida interest, I have a large cerebral palsy practice. I have been involved with the Intra-thecal Baclofen pump insertion programme since its infancy and offer this service to both children and adults.