The Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust is the largest specialist heart and lung centre in the United Kingdom. The Royal Brompton Hospital in Chelsea, West London and the Harefield Hospital in Middlesex, are both world-renowned for the investigation, treatment and care of people suffering from heart and lung problems.
Both hospitals have comprehensive private patient services and facilities. Private patients from all over the world come to this internationally renowned centre for the treatment of cardiac and thoracic conditions inspired by the confidence that a referral to either hospital will ensure treatment will be at one of the worlds most respected centres.
All patients benefit from the comprehensive provision of medical, nursing and paramedical skills, all available on a 24-hour basis. Furthermore, this superlative medical care takes place in the comfort that one would expect from an international private hospital environment. There is always a doctor on site whom you can see immediately.
The consultants, highly skilled in the treatment of both adults and children, are all specialists in their respective fields with a great wealth of experience between them. This experience has enabled the Trust to pioneer a number of new and effective treatments including stenting, ablation (to correct over fast heartbeats) and, for respiratory problems, lung volume reduction.
The Trust houses the most comprehensive range of advanced surgical and medical facilities available which ensures a complete healthcare service for our patients.These include:
- Modern, fully equipped intensive care units utilising the most up to date, state of the art equipment.
- Dedicated operating theatre suites for cardiac and thoracic surgery.
- A comprehensive cardiology division and catheter laboratories for the investigation and treatment of cardiac disease.
- A state of the art Imatron Computerised Tomography Scanner, thallium scanning, radionucline and bone densitrometry.
- A specialised cardiac MRI scanner and coronary calcification score using fast CT.
- On site pathology (Laboratory Medicine), physiotherapy (Rehabilitation & Therapies) and pharmacy departments.
- A fully comprehensive respiratory medicine directorate for lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis, adult respiratory distress syndrome and sleep apnoea.
All income generated by the provision of Private Patient Units within NHS hospitals goes back into the hospital's general finances. This supports a large number of research initiatives and improvements. This has a resultant benefit for all patients whether they are of private or NHS status.