Outstanding inpatient and outpatient care for all conditions, with many world renowned specialist services, including those for neurology, cardiology, oncology and liver and HPB medicine, at a leading private hospital in London.
Where can I get private hospital treatment in London?
Based in St John's Wood, London, The Wellington Hospital is the largest independent hospital in the UK. It is able to offer the highest standards of care from leading experts, supported by the very latest technology.
View Wellington Hospital Videos
The Wellington Hospital has produced several videos of the treatments that they provide.
You can watch a video about:
High quality inpatient care at the Wellington Hospital
The Wellington Hospital is committed to providing the
most skilled and technologically advanced treatment in a luxurious and
- Fully equipped ensuite bedrooms
- Top class catering to meet all personal, religious, cultural and dietary requirements
- 24-hour medical care
- 15 Operating theatres
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging facilities, including 64-slice CT and 4 MRI scanners
- 50 Critical care beds (28 Level 3 intensive care), supported by leading intensive care specialists
- 3 Cardiac catheter labs and 3 angiography suites
World class diagnostics and outpatient services at
The Platinum Medical Centre
The new Platinum Medical Centre at The Wellington
Hospital provides some of the best facilities for outpatient care in the
UK, including the country's largest and most technologically advanced
diagnostic imaging centre. The modern, comfortable building houses a
private GP service, consulting rooms, a 12 bedded day surgery unit, a 10
bedded chemotherapy ward, The London Hand & Wrist Unit and a
Providing expert specialist services in London
The Wellington Hospital enjoys an international reputation in many fields of medicine including:
- World leading neurologists and neurosurgeons,
highly experienced in the treatment of stroke, head injuries, injuries
to the spinal cord and brain tumours
- Advanced interventional radiology department, including CyberKnife and Gamma Knife
- Internationally renowned 46-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit
- Expert cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, offering a high degree of experience in complex cardiac conditions
- Cutting edge research undertaken at the Cardiac Research Centre in conjunction with the British Cardiac Research Trust
- The very latest technology including cardiac
MRI, radio frequency ablation, the Da Vinci SI surgical robot, Dual
Source and Dual Energy CT scanning, and Hybrid Nuclear Medicine scanning
with CT technology.
How can I get private medical treatment at The Wellington Hospital?
The Wellington Hospital welcomes both patients with private medical
insurance and those who wish to self-fund their treatment. Self-Pay Care packages are
available for over 600 procedures. A GP referral is required for most
procedures and The Wellington Hospital only admits patients who have
been pre-booked by a consultant, however same day consultations are
sometimes available and can be booked by calling 0207 483 5148.
Appointments can be made be filling in the online form or calling +44 (0)203 627 8456 to make an urgent appointment.
The Wellington Hospital also has an Acute Admissions Unit, to which a GP or consultant can arrange urgent admission.
The Wellington Hospital has agreements with many
international medical insurance companies and is able to arrange
self-funding packages for international patients. They are highly
experienced in helping with all the arrangements needed to organise
hospital treatment in the UK and in making a hospital stay as stress
free as possible for patients travelling from overseas.