Welcome to the world of inspired care at The London Clinic – the hospital on Harley Steet
Established in 1932 and situated on Harley Street, in the heart of London’s medical community, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest and most successful independent hospitals, dedicated to providing the finest, personalised healthcare.
Their reputation has been built on both the exceptional level of their medical expertise and devotion to patients’ comfort and wellbeing for over 75 years. They focus on combining the warmth of individual patient care with internationally acclaimed medical, surgical and technical excellence delivered by the highest calibre doctors and staff. They call this inspired care.
According to patient satisfaction survey results for 2009, 97% of patients would recommend The London Clinic to their family and friends. The enviable nurse-to-patient ratio ensures they can provide personal, responsive care at all times.
As they have charitable status, free from the demands of shareholders, they are committed to providing patients with access to the latest, most reliable diagnostic and treatment developments available.
Over the past five years, they have invested £118 million in the latest technology, new facilities including expanding the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and continued training for staff.
The recently opened purpose built cancer centre integrates state-of-the-art technology with the skills of their experienced doctors – allowing them to carry out extremely precise, minimally invasive cancer treatments. These include Cyberknife® Robotic Radiosurgery System, Trilogy® Radiotherapy System with RapidArc™ in addition to existing technology like the Da Vinci® Surgical System and Acrobat Navigator™.
The London Clinic is one of few hospitals in the independent sector to offer transplant facilities, providing organ, stem cell and bone marrow transplantation. The transplant unit is accredited by the European Group for Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and is a harvesting centre for the Anthony Nolan Trust (ANT) – an independent charity which provides life-saving donors for patients in need of bone marrow transplants.
In expert hands
Staff at The London Clinic pride themselves on the unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise among the dedicated team of healthcare professionals. They have specialists covering a wide range of medical and surgical disciplines which enables us to manage every situation. Depending on your needs, these may include consultant surgeons and physicians, specialist nurses, physiotherapists and dieticians – all working in close collaboration to provide the very best care pathway, designed specifically for you.
All consultants are leaders in their respective fields; almost all hold NHS teaching posts and all appear on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register. In order to gain practising privileges at The London Clinic, consultants must meet rigorous standards set by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), as well as stringent selection procedures, overseen by the Clinic’s Medical Advisory Committee.
For each clinical speciality within the hospital, they employ experienced nurses who have completed further post registration training in their individual fields. They also have a number of Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) in the areas of pain management, infection control, endocrinology and diabetes, gynaecology, colorectal, urology, liver and breast care.
They have a 24 hour consultant led Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Critical care outreach team, as well as dedicated, specialist ICU fellows who provide round the clock support to our consultants and nursing teams. This enables them to meet any need for immediate care, day or night.
• The main hospital spans Harley Street and Devonshire Place that includes an Eye Centre, a Breast Centre, a Liver Centre, and dedicated centres for Endocrinology & Diabetes, Gastroenterology and Neuroscience as well as other specialities
• The London Clinic Cancer Centre, 22 Devonshire Place
• Consulting Rooms and Outpatient Centre, 5 Devonshire Place
• Consulting Rooms and Pathology Services, 120 Harley Street with state of the art supporting labs and facilities
• The London Clinic also has other consulting rooms at: 149, 147, 145, 119 and 116 Harley Street
Facts and Figures
• Over 800 consultants and surgeons across a comprehensive range of specialities
• Over 950 nursing, clinical and support personnel who deliver an extensive range of treatments and procedures, as well as a host of specialist support services
• Over 270 patient rooms and 12 operating theatres including dedicated endoscopy suites and a day surgery unit
• Approximately 100,000 out-patient visits and over 20,000 inpatient admissions and daycases per year
The London Clinic’s dedicated treatment centres
• The London Clinic Breast Centre
• The London Clinic Centre for Endocrinology and Diabetes
• The London Clinic Eye Centre
• The London Clinic GI Centre
• The London Clinic Liver Centre
• The London Clinic Centre for Neurosciences
• The London Clinic Cancer Centre
The main clinical specialities are:
Allergy and immunology
Brachytherapy for prostate cancer
Cosmetic and plastic surgery
Dialysis & Renal Medicine
Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
Endocrinology & Diabetes
Hepatology and Hepatic Surgery (including Liver Transplant)
Liver health services
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Pancreatic Disease & Surgery
Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
Prostate cancer screening
Vascular & Veins
Additional diagnostic and support services:
Anaesthetics & Pain Management
Bone densitometry (DEXA) scanning
Bone marrow transplant
Bowel cancer screening
Breast cancer screening
Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPX)
Minimally invasive therapy and day surgery unit
Nutrition and dietetics
Ovarian cancer screening
Pathology (laboratory services)
Skin cancer screening
Well man screening
Well woman screening