The Birth Company: private maternity care and childbirth clinic in London
A leading Harley Street-based maternity and childbirth clinic offering experienced, holistic care, supported by all the latest advances in diagnostic scanning and prenatal testing.
Where can I find private maternity care and childbirth services in London?
Situated in the heart of London's prestigious medical district in Harley Street, The Birth Company
is the collaboration of two leading obstetricians, Dr Donald Gibb and Dr Demetrios Economides, supported by a team of highly experienced midwives, sonographers and management staff. The clinic itself is designed to be calm and relaxing, whilst offering state-of-the-art pregnancy ultrasound scanning and the latest techniques in prenatal testing, including the Harmony Test, a simple blood test that is 99% predictive for Down's Syndrome and other abnormalities. Babies are delivered at the Portland Hospital in London.
Expert private antenatal and obstetric care
- Dr Donald Gibb is a highly respected obstetrician and Gold Medal winning member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. He works exclusively for The Birth Company, caring for women and delivering babies at the Portland Hospital for Women and Children.
Dr Demetrios Economides trained in Fetal Medicine at the Harris Birthright Centre at King's College London and is an internationally recognised expert in obstetric ultrasound.
Catriona Muir is a highly experienced midwife with a special interest in natural childbirth and active birth. She is a qualified Lactation Consultant and is available both antenatally and postnatally.
- Sarah Das is a skilled midwife and reflexologist specialising in home and water births. She is also an experienced breastfeeding consultant.
Melanie Manuel and Carmel Lacy are highly experienced ultrasound sonographers.
The Birth Company specialists: Dr Donald Gibb, Catriona Muir, Melanie Manuel and Carmel Lacy
Offering flexible antenatal, birth and postnatal care
The Birth Company offers a flexible approach to maternity care and
childbirth, providing a range of services and packages from scanning
alone to a full package where every antenatal appointment is with one of
the Consultant Obstetricians. They are able offer Caesarian section
at the Portland Hospital, both for medical reasons and where it is the mother's preference. Women
are free to choose what aspects of care they would like, no referral is
necessary and using the services at The Birth Company does not
compromise any care provided by the NHS.
Services available at The Birth Company
- A comprehensive range of pregnancy ultrasound scans including nuchal tranlucency and 3D and 4D scans
- The Harmony prenatal test
- Clearly priced care packages, including the Integrated Care package, Consultant Care package and the Caesarian Delivery package.
- Antenatal care packages and midwife appointments
- Postnatal care including breast feeding support
- Cervical suture for cervical incompetence
- Gynaecology care
- Complementary therapies, including osteopathy, acupuncture and refexology
- Nutritional advice and coaching
How can I get private maternity care and childbirth services at The Birth Company?
The Birth Company's extensive range of specialist services can be accessed by calling the clinic on 020 7725 0528. The reception is open for phone calls from 08.00am on weekdays and 10.00am on Saturday. A same day service with the midwives is available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays (no referral necessary, but phone to check availability).