provides high quality CT scans across the UK. They have over 20 years' experience of delivering a broad range of mobile and static diagnostic imaging solutions. They operate the largest fleet of mobile MRI, PET/CT, X-ray, CT and Portable Ultrasound scanners in the UK.
CT scans and innovative diagnostic imaging across the UK
Alliance Medical continually develops innovative diagnostic imaging solutions both independently and in partnership with health providers. They employ over 400 Radiographers, with the ability to offer unrivalled contingency support to their customers. They are part of the Alliance Medical Group, which means that they enjoy the benefits of a larger European organisation, whilst retaining a solid understanding of UK customers.
What is a CT scan?
CT stands for computed tomography. It uses X-rays to produce a cross-sectional, or ‘slice’ image of the inside of your body.
Having a CT scan - it safe?
The amount of radiation used varies. It's more than an ordinary X-ray and is the same as the natural radiation we all get over a period of about three years, which adds slightly to the risk of getting cancer. However, please bear in mind that the risk is very small and the risk of missing a serious problem if you don’t have a CT scan is much higher.
What happens during a CT scan?
- A small team of radiography staff will look after you during your visit and one of the radiographers will carry out the scan
- For some types of CT scans you'll be asked to drink a special contrast drink around one hour before your examination
- You may need to have an injection, depending on the area that needs to be scanned
- During the scan you may need to hold your breath or not swallow
- The radiographer operating the scanner will be able to see and hear you throughout the procedure
Read more about what happens when you go for a CT scan.
Other scanning services offered by Alliance Medical in the UK
How can I arrange for a CT scan with Alliance Medical?
Read more about how to organise your CT scan with Alliance Medical.
Alliance Medical locations in the UK
Find your nearest Alliance Medical location.
Contact Alliance Medical for CT scans in the UK
Alliance Medical Limited
Warwick Technology Park
Tel: 0845 045 0600
Intuition Communication Ltd bears no responsibility for information published on this website, which concerns or relates to advertisers and their products and services. Read Disclaimer in full.