The Cuban government announced in March that all travellers arriving in Cuba from May 1 and beyond would be required to purchase Cuba health insurance.
The insurance policy should be purchased in the traveler’s home country but for those tourists arriving without proper coverage, they will be required to purchase an appropriate policy from a Cuban insurance company at the airport, port or marina where they arrive.
Travelers arriving in Cuba shall have a travel insurance policy that covers medical expenses or a policy for medical expenses with coverage in Cuba.
In early April the list of approved Cuba health and medical insurance providers was released. It is a short list for the UK:
- Acia-Sea Claims = Anglo Caribbean Insurance
- Aea International – Sos Assistance
- Alpha Assistance
- Assistance 2000 – Primary Assistance
- Assistance International
- Cooperative Funeral Service
- Europ Assistance
- First Assist
- Green Flag
- Ias = International Assistance Service First Service
- Intergroup Assistance Service
- International Medical Rescue
- Kenyon Air Transportation
- Medex Assistance
- Mercury International Assist
- Mondial Assistance
- Rowland Brothers International
- Sos International
- Thomas Cook
- Travel Protection
- Worldwide Assistance
No other insurers are acceptable.