White teeth are highly attractive, making your whole face look brighter, healthier and happier. A winning smile makes a fantastic first impression.
Tips for whiter teeth include the following:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day to prevent the build up of plaque
- Floss once a day, ideally at night so that your mouth remains clean and hygienic while you sleep
- Have regular dental check ups twice a year
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal to make sure no food is sticking to your teeth
- Stop or reduce smoking – this is very staining
- Coffee, tea, cola and wine can stain the teeth. Cut down if you can, or else rinse your mouth with water afterwards. Drinks lots of water instead
- Choose a good toothpaste with baking soda or whitening properties
- Replace your toothbrush regularly. Electric toothbrushes clean efficiently – consider a purchase if you don’t already have one
- Be aware that mouthwash contains alcohol and other chemicals that can stain or discolor teeth
- Try to eat a healthy diet with lots of raw fruit and veg. Avoid fast food, processed food and snacking
However, for really white teeth, you may need to consider a professional teeth whitening treatment, which goes further to brighten and whiten your teeth.
Leading cosmetic dentisty provider The Hospital Group has seen a significant 21% increase in enquiries for teeth whitening each year for its tooth whitening procedure.
They only use dentists who specialise in cosmetic work and offer two treatment options:
Professional tooth whitening – a skilled cosmetic dentist applies special whitening gel which is activated using a laser. This is an in-clinic treatment. Only one treatment is required for same-day results
Home whitening kits – the dentist will take impressions before supplying custom-made “trays” that the patient uses at home with special lightening gel. This treatment needs to be repeated a few times at home for full results
Those who are looking for professional teeth whitening or a dentist supplied home-whitening kit could consider a dental consultation with The Hospital Group.
Their specialist Cosmetic Dentistry centres offer individual treatment plans to help people achieve a smile to be proud of. Consultations are normally priced at £125, but are currently on offer at just £25 and include a full dental examination, a smile consultation with a cosmetic dentist and X-rays and/or impressions if required.