Research by Tesco Dental Insurance says Brits are finding it increasingly difficulty to find an NHS dentist.
The results also show that rising dental costs are putting people off visiting the dentist.
- 42% of Brits and two-thirds of Londoners are put off going to their dentist because of the cost
- 14% of Londoners have paid over £300 in the past year in dental treatment
- Those in the South East of England struggle the most to find a dentist
- People from East Anglia have fewest fillings
- The Welsh are least likely to visit their dentist
- Scots are most likely to grind their teeth
Jeremy Sutton of Tesco Dental Insurance says, "Receiving important dental treatment is essential to overall health as well as oral health. Premiums for Tesco Dental Insurance start from just £9.95 a month and can help manage the costs of dentist bills."