Travel insurance for the over-50s has long been seen as costly and restricted to a few key players. Staysure.co.uk, an established niche provider, is determined to shake up the market with its new cover which it claims is up to five times cheaper than its rivals and covers 220 medical conditions at no charge. The policy, insured by Europ Assistance, covers people aged 50 to 85.
It also provides insurance for those with pre-existing medical conditions including cancer, heart disease and diabetes with tailored quotes following a simple medical screening process – a lifeline for those with complicated medical histories.
Ryan Howsam of Staysure says: “Our mission is to provide travel insurance for people over 50 at the lowest possible cost. Many people have overseas holiday homes or family and friends that live outside the UK; not being able to visit them due to ill health is a serious burden and one that our new policy should help to ease. Our staff are trained to be understanding and supportive of medical conditions and we always try to secure the best possible deal for even the most complex cases.”
Key policy features:
- Comprehensive medical screening programme
- Cancellation & curtailment
- Up to £10,000,000 medical cover & repatriation
- Money, baggage & increased single item cover
- No cover provided for as yet undiagnosed conditions – e.g. someone waiting for test results on a biopsy would be covered but not for anything relating to that illness.