[Skip to content]

Private Healthcare UK
Search our Site

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.


International students in the UK get covered with Wander travel insurance

Wander travel insurance

Over 500,000 international students choose to study in the UK every year. Helping these overseas students enjoy educational trips to Europe whilst resident in the UK, travel insurer Mondial Assistance has launched Wander International Student Insurance.


In addition to cover for emergency medical assistance and associated expenses when they take university trips outside of the UK and into Europe, their return journey to their home country is also covered. International medical assistance offers access to 400,000 service providers who deliver qualified medical advice and professional attention, together with full repatriation facilities.


With support from Mondial Assistance’s global network of 180 medical and technical correspondents and 37, 24-hour assistance centres, it aims to provide the highest level of emergency medical services.


It also covers students for lost fees if they are unable to complete the course, costs to return home if a relative is ill, or for a relative to come to the UK if they themselves are ill, as well as costs for returning home for treatment if required. These additional costs can be substantial.


In addition to worldwide emergency medical and associated expenses, in Europe the cover includes loss of passport and delayed luggage, as well as personal accident and legal expenses whilst on educational trips. Optional extras are also available, such as winter sports cover for injury and ski equipment and golf cover for loss of green fees and equipment.


Travel insurance: News update: 21/09/2009


Related links