The Body Conference & Exhibition 2010, held at The Royal Society of Medicine from 6-7 November 2010 was widely attended by the world’s leading practitioners and suppliers in the cosmetic surgery industry. Lectures devoted to the latest liposuction and body contouring techniques included:
- “Athletic Body Contouring with VASER-Assisted Liposculpture” presented by Alfredo Hoyos
- “Selection of Laser Lipolysis vs Power Assisted Liposuction” by Mr Shailesh Vadodaria
- “Non-Invasive Fat Reduction – The Search for the Holy Grail” by Mr Chris Inglefield
- “Radiofrequency Assisted Liposuction – The UK Perspective” by Mr Lucian Ion, and
- “RadioFrequency Assisted Liposuction & Tissue Tightening” by Dr Stephen Mulholland, which included a live BodyTite demonstration.
MACOM Medical exhibited its range of compression inserts and liposuction compression garments designed to enhance results and accelerate healing.
Dr Stephen Mulholland noted liposuction’s status as the most commonly performed cosmetic procedure in the world, and he described that an increased older demographic with compromised skin tone presents the need for technology that can tighten skin as well as reduce fat. During his live BodyTite demonstration, he instructed the patient to be fitted with a compression garment immediately post procedure for optimal healing, and he advised that patients should follow up with their surgeon a few days post procedure to ensure they are wearing the garment correctly.
Similarly, Dr Alfredo Hoyos discussed the importance of compression inserts following VASER assisted liposculpture. Inserts are worn underneath garments and can act as a second layer of skin to enhance the results. Dr Hoyos concluded in his presentation summary that “VASER-assisted liposculpture is a safe and highly effective technique for advanced body contouring, resulting in aesthetically satisfying and athletic appearances in most patients”.
MACOM Medical liposuction compression garments and compression inserts can be viewed at www.macom-medical.com.