Liverpool Victoria, the UK’s largest friendly society, has introduced a range of health management risk offers to help protection policyholders understand how they can reduce their risk of poor health and disease.
The free online health assessment and advice service, ‘Healthy Steps’ is launched in partnership with independent health services specialist, roadtohealth Ltd.
Liverpool Victoria policyholders who take out one or more protection policies through the mimi Flexible Protection Plan on or after 5th February 2007 will receive their membership card and joining instructions with their policy documents. All new Life, Critical Illness, Mortgage Payment Protection or Income Protection policyholders are entitled to free membership during the term of their protection policy.
This development, which is the first of its kind in the UK protection market, gives Liverpool Victoria protection policyholders real value from the start of their cover, enabling them to understand their current health status, and take actions to improve and maintain their wellbeing.
Healthy Steps is an interactive online service, designed to provide Liverpool Victoria policyholders with a personalised profile of their health, including their risk of suffering from heart disease and common cancers. The e-based service gives advice on how to improve health and wellbeing, and a plan to improve or manage any risks.
As members of Healthy Steps, Liverpool Victoria policyholders will receive:
- A free online health assessment, designed to provide a personalised health profile. The assessment will provide policyholders with an individual ‘Q’ score’.
- A written report together with an action plan aimed at maintaining and improving health and wellbeing.
- Online access to practical information about health and wellbeing issues.
- Regular health-oriented advice, tips, offers and e-bulletins.
- Access to discounts from a range of health and wellbeing related products and services.
- The opportunity to take advantage of personal face-to-face health and lifestyle screening assessments at a privileged discounted rate.
- An individual online health record.
In certain circumstances policyholders will be referred to their GP for further investigation and help.
Members of Healthy Steps can also book and pay for a range of discounted health checks at one of roadtohealth’s national venues and clinics across the UK. roadtohealth is a division of the healthpeoplegroup. roadtohealth operates Europe's largest network of health screening centre's, with over 300 screening clinics in pharmacies, health & leisure clubs and private medical centre's across the UK and Scandinavia, providing health screening and support services to over 1 million customers.
During the online health assessment, Liverpool Victoria policyholders will be asked a series of health and lifestyle related questions. From this, Healthy Steps will give an indication of current health status, a summary report of health risks, together with a comparison against national averages and people with the same age, gender and race. An individual Q score will also be generated.
The Q score is an easy way to visualise how healthy an individual is by placing them in a hypothetical queue of 100 people of the same age and gender. The further from the front of the queue you are, the better the result in terms of personal health. The service will then give policyholders tips and ideas to help improve their position in the queue, setting targets for improvement and giving access to a range of tangible benefits including discounted gym and health club membership.
Healthy Steps is a completely voluntary additional service provided by roadtohealth Ltd on behalf of Liverpool Victoria, and is entirely confidential. Results do not effect the underwriting of Liverpool Victoria policies, either when the policy is taken out, or during the term of the policy. The policyholder’s premiums will not be affected by their health assessment at any time. No clinical data is passed to Liverpool Victoria or to any third party organisation.
Justin Harper, of Liverpool Victoria, says: “We are keen to help consumers appreciate the variety of healthy steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of poor health and disease. By launching Healthy Steps into the UK protection market we are providing real value right at the outset for our policyholders, underlining the true benefit of protection. Healthy Steps gives something that policyholders can use and work with to improve their own health, and that they’ll hopefully enjoy too.
mimi Flexible Protection Plan
mimi is a comprehensive protection plan. It gives you the option to alter type, term and level of cover if and when their protection needs change, allowing you to safeguard your future and that of your family.
mimi can pay:
- a lump sum if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness
- a lump sum if you suffer a defined critical illness/condition or become permanently and totally disabled
- A monthly amount to meet mortgage payments if you are unable to work because of illness or accident or become involuntarily unemployed
- a regular monthly income if you become incapacitated because of illness or accident.