Crewe-based health cash plan provider Health Shield has introduced a number of changes to its 2008 product offerings, Direct and Direct Plus, for 2008.
Terms and conditions have been reviewed and improved based both on Treating Customers Fairly principles and also based on staff and membership feedback.
Marketing director Philip Wood says: “After considering a whole range of factors we have introduced a number of changes to our direct schemes for 2008. We are also making membership service improvements and have re-priced the schemes to reflect increased claims experience.”
Health Shield says that once it has received a completed claim form and any necessary evidence, claims are paid within 48 hours.
The main changes are:
- A new dental accident benefit. This pays out on accidental injury to the teeth and gives a 100% refund up to between £200 and £1,000 depending on plan benefit level.
- A new parental hospital stay benefit cash payment of £20-£110 per night, up to 25 nights a year if a registered child is hospitalised.
- A new health and wellbeing benefit. This pays 100% of the cost for complementary therapies including: acupressure; allergy testing; aromatherapy; Bowen/Alexander technique; chair massage; colonic hydrotherapy; hopi ear candles; hypnotherapy; Indian head massage; kinesiology; naturopathy; nutritional therapy; reflexology; reiki; shiatsu; stop smoking treatments; stress relief; and weight management. Pays up to between £60 and £270 a year, depending on cover level.
- The maternity benefit is now paid after an antenatal scan rather than having to wait for birth.
- Children are now covered for the full amount on personal accident protection and critical illness cover, rather than for 25% of the adult levels of cover as previously.
- Qualifying periods are now 13 weeks for all benefits. Previously, critical illness, sickness and accident protection and family planning were subject to a 26 week qualifying period and maternity benefit to a 40 week qualifying period.