PruHealth members have access to 224 gyms throughout the country.
From 1st November the gym offer is changing and the monthly membership fee will be dependent on Vitality status and the gym chosen.
Every new member starts on Bronze status and can increase this to Silver, Gold and, with enough effort, to Platinum.
Every time a member goes to the gym, up to one visit a day and 15 a month, they receive 10 Vitality points. They can boost these further by doing simple things like eating healthily, not smoking and taking a fitness assessment at their local gym.
Gym pricing from 1st November 2008:
- A one off activation fee of £25
- Rates vary for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum
- Rates vary by location of club
- Rate vary by chain; Cannons, LA Fitness, Virgin Active
- Monthly rates vary from nil to £107
Even Platinum members using Virgin Active will have to pay between £8 and £65 a month.