Following an industry report by The National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death (NCPOD), leading cosmetic surgery and weight loss management provider, The Hospital Group is urging patients to do their research before undergoing cosmetic surgery procedures.
The Hospital Group ensures excellence in its clinics by offering a free consultation with an experienced consultant cosmetic surgeon, to make sure those who are considering surgery get the most up to date information, helping them make an informed choice.
The Hospital Group also has its own privately owned facility, Dolan Park, this is the largest specialist facility of its kind in the UK, dedicated to cosmetic and obesity surgery. It provides four highly specified operating theatres and is fully registered with the CQC (Care Quality Commission). It also has a consultant anaesthetist on-call 24-7.
Those considering surgery can ensure they are getting advice and information from experienced professionals, with all surgeons at The Hospital Group being GMC registered, and only consultant cosmetic surgeons used to operate. The theatre teams, anaesthetists and nursing staff also have extensive experience of cosmetic surgery patients needs.
Mario Russo, Medical Director of Aesthetic Surgery at The Hospital Group said: “The Hospital Group perform over 14,000 treatments a year, all of which are done with the utmost care. As one of the leading cosmetic surgery providers in the UK we pride ourselves on the relationship we build with our patients, ensuring they feel comfortable at all times. All of our surgeons are leading professionals in their chosen fields and have performed thousands of operations to date.
“At the pre-operative stage your designated cosmetic or weight-loss surgeon will be able to give you expert advice and clarification on which procedure is most appropriate for your individual surgical needs and explain to you exactly what the procedure entails. Those who remain unsure can take advantage of our 7- day cooling off period. It is our company mission to provide an excellent patient experience and after care is a very important aspect of this. We therefore provide a lifetime of free aftercare with all our cosmetic surgery procedures.”
Mario Russo, Medical Director of Aesthetic Surgery, has top ten safe surgery tips:
- Firstly, make sure you truly know why you want to have cosmetic surgery and that you are doing it for the right reasons. You need to go into it with realistic expectations and a sensible frame of mind
- Make sure the timing is right. If you have recently experienced major, life altering events, such as bereavement or moving house, you may want to avoid surgery until you have recovered emotionally
- Make sure you go to a reputable and experienced surgeon who will discuss the risks of the procedure you are interested in having before you undergo any surgery
- Find a surgeon who you feel completely comfortable with and trust. It is important that you feel at ease with the surgeon as they will be with you for every step of the procedure so you need to feel supported before, during and after
- When you meet your surgeon make sure you are prepared. Take a list of questions with you and ask them everything you can think of. Don’t be afraid to take down notes when the surgeon is talking, it’s an important decision that you need to make once you are fully informed
- If your surgeon refuses to do something, it is for a good reason. Respect and listen to your surgeon, he is thinking what is in your best interest
- Make sure you’ve done your homework – read all about the procedure, this way you will be fully informed
- Be realistic about your results. Cosmetic surgery can have an amazing affect on a person’s life, but it may not change other deep rooted body issues
- Talk about your surgery with someone, at The Hospital Group, experienced patient care co-ordinators allow patients to discuss any day to day worries or concerns
- Allow yourself plenty of recovery time. Your body needs time to heal after any surgery, so switch off your mobile phone and allow yourself time to relax
Since The Hospital Group was established in 1992, it has grown from a small pharmaceutical company to one of the UK’s foremost cosmetic surgery providers. The Group is committed to providing the very highest standards and all procedures are performed by an expert medical team in state-of-the-art facilities that are second to none.