Aviva International Solutions is for UK expatriates. It is the international version of Aviva’s modular Health Solutions with a high degree of flexibility and a menu that allows you to choose the benefits and cost you require.
Based around Core cover with an overall annual limit of £1.5m; full cover for in-patient and day-patient care, including up to 30 days’ psychiatric treatment; out-patient cover; additional benefits include home nursing, local ambulance, parent accommodation with child.
There are eight options:
- Wellness. Up to £500 for routine tests and examinations (with 20% excess).
- Dental and Optical. Routine dental treatment up to £500, restorative treatment up to £1,000 and up to £200 optical benefit, all with 20% excess.
- Increased cover as an out-patient, including physiotherapy, alternative therapies and psychiatric cover.
- Compassionate travel. Up to £1,000 to return home to recuperate, £1,000 for compassionate travel and £5,000 for transport of mortal remains.
- Maternity cover. Full cover for complications and up to £7,500 for pregnancy and normal childbirth.
- Alternative excess. £100, £250 or £500 excess in return for 5%, 10% or 15% premium discount.
- Reduced outpatient cover. £1,000 limit on consultations, basic diagnostics, surgery and physiotherapy.
- Reduction on additional benefits. Removal of some medical practitioner benefits, emergency dental and routine maintenance of chronic conditions.
There is an overall £25 per claim excess. Full medical underwriting is standard and a 24/7 medical information line.
There is a business version for group that has minor differences.