Aviva has improved its group income protection product. The changes include the introduction of a new escalation rate that will see payments measured against the Retail Price Index. These payments will be capped at 2.5%. Customers will now benefit from an employee assistance programmed and 24-hour GP helpline for no additional cost.
Employees can now access confidential support services 24-hours a day, 365 days of the year:
- Stress counselling helpline - support from counselling professionals
- Bereavement helpline - support to relatives and partners of those who have passed away from qualified bereavement counsellors able to offer emotional support as well as practical advice on issues such as probate
- Legal helpline - access to legal advice on any issue from buying a house to consumer rights
- GP helpline - offering expert medical advice with no time limit on the call.
Employers also have the option to extend the support available to their employees by choosing to upgrade their cover. The following options can be chosen:
- Additional debt management and online information services
- Up to six face-to-face counselling sessions.
Steve Bridger at Aviva says; “Individuals can be affected by all manner of problems from personal factors to pressure of work but stress is extremely hard to tackle as people often mask the symptoms until it is too late. Early identification and treatment of stress-related conditions is possible and has extremely positive results. Sometimes employees just need impartial advice to help them through life’s ups and downs.”