[Skip to content]

Private Healthcare UK
Search our Site

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.


New cover for UK students studying overseas


After many years' experience in dealing with the student travel insurance market and encountering issues with the cover and flexibility of available study abroad policies. And after speaking to numerous students, insurance brokers Risk Management & Corporate Insurance Services Limited  have set up YearAbroadInsurance.com as a solution.


The Year Abroad Insurance policy is for full-time students who are between 19 and 35 and registered at a Higher Education Institution in the UK. The policy has been designed to cover you for up to 18 months for theft, loss or damage of your personal property, travel delay and cancellation, damage to your rented accommodation, and if you get seriously ill or injured abroad it will cover your medical expenses and return trip home.


Year Abroad Insurance is underwritten by insurer QBE.


The benefits also include a quick and easy signup process, cover for unlimited trips home, foreign tuition fees and search and rescue cover to reassure anxious parents.


The insurance required for a year abroad differs greatly from gap year cover as university students are older, they go abroad with more belongings to fixed accommodation and a fixed daily routine, where the majority of students speak the local language.
Travel insurance news: 31 August 2011