Ramsay Health Care offer a comprehensive range of women's health treatments. Ramsay is one of the UK's leading providers of private healthcare with
22 private hospitals, nine treatment centres and three neurological units.
Who benefits from Women's Health Services at Ramsay Health?
Ramsay Women’s Health Services benefit patients who require
quick access to a Consultant opinion. Services are provided primarily to
private patients, however services can be provided to NHS patients for certain
services that have been agreed with the local NHS.
Treatment for women at Ramsay Health Care
Patients are provided with a personalised treatment plan
which may or may not incorporate surgery. Ramsay Consultants are highly
experienced in surgical treatments including minimally invasive, laparoscopic
techniques and are supported by professional theatre and nursing teams.
However, most treatments are now available either in an outpatient setting or
as a day case admission.
Women's health treatments offered include:
- Cervical screening
- Colposcopy for examination of cervix cells
- Contraceptive advice including female sterilisation
- Endometrial ablation for heavy periods
- Hysteroscopy for endoscopic examination of womb
- Laparoscopy for endoscopic examination of pelvis
- Menopause & HRT
- Mirena IUS - for troublesome menstruation
- Ovarian cancer screening (Bloods and Scan)
- Pelvic floor surgery for prolapse and urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain management
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Physiotherapy in conjunction with specialist
- Plastic surgical procedures following childbirth
Ramsay consultants are supported by specialist Physiotherapists
who are experienced in pelvic floor and abdominal conditions. They will tailor
a programme of exercise and advice to support your treatment under the guidance
of a consultant.
Read more about Ramsay Health Care UK.