Confidential medical care when you need it.
Reassurance whenever you want it.
Discreet London doctors in a medical practice offering medical, sexual health and psychological care.
Same-day - all day - every day
Your Private Doctor is a Sexual health clinic in Harley Street and Brighton. It is run by Dr Malcolm VandenBurg who trained in General Medicine and Sexual Health at St Bartholemew's Hospital and The London Hospital..
Sexual health consultations and screening
The Sexual health consultations and screening service may involve anything from a single HIV test, always carried out with counselling to a full Sexual Health Screen for men and women where over ten different sexually transmitted diseases are screened.
HIV tests in London
The HIV results are usually available within four hours and involve the combined test for HIV 1 & 2 antibodies and P24 antigen which allows for earlier detection in some cases.
For even earlier detection of HIV 1 the HIV 1 PCR blood test the DNA Viral Load is offered from Day 10 to contact and the advantages and disadvantages of this test are discussed at the consultation.
Sexually related anxiety and guilt: Anxieties and guilt related to possible transmission of sexually transmitted disease
Erectile dysfunction: Treatments such as Viagra and Ciallis are available after a consultation to assess the safety of these medicines.
Standard general sexual health screen: Blood testa for HIV I and II, P24 antigen, Hepatitis B and two tests for syphilis.
FOR MEN two urethral swabs for Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma and many other bacteria.
FOR WOMEN swabs for Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia, Trichomonas, Gardnerella Vaginalis, Bacterial Vaginosis and many other bacteria.
Additional options for STD and STI tests: Depending on the risk it may be appropriate to do additional swabs of the pharynx and anus for an additional charge. If appropriate, screening for Herpes may be undertaken with both swabs for the virus and blood tests to detect the early and dormant antibodies for Herpes I and II. Screening for HIV and Herpes can start soon after contact, but repeated blood samples are usually required. For HIV we recommend a final blood sample three months after contact.
Regular STD and STI screening: Fee structures can be negotiated depending on the workload for those whose careers or lifestyle requires frequent screening or testing.
STD and STI
Testing, treatment and counselling offered for all the following sexual transmitted diseases (STD) and sexually transmitted infections (STI):
- Chancroid (Haemophilus ducreyi)
- Donovanosis (Granuloma inguinale or Calymmatobacterium granulomatis)
- Gonorrhea (Neisseria gonorrhoeae)
- Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV)
- (Chlamydia trachomatis serotypes L1, L2, L3. See Chlamydia)
- Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) (Ureaplasma urealyticum or Mycoplasma hominis)
- Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA.
- Syphilis (Treponema pallidum)
- Jock Itch
- Yeast Infection
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) through skin to skin contact, saliva, not only sexually.
- Hepatitis B.
(Note: Hepatitis A and Hepatitis E are transmitted via the fæcal-oral route, not sexually; Hepatitis C is rarely sexually transmittable, and the route of transmission of Hepatitis D is uncertain, but may include sexual transmission.)
- Herpes simplex
- Herpes simplex virus implicated in Alzheimer's disease.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Certain strains of HPV cause genital warts
- Certain strains of HPV cause cervical dysplasias which can lead to cervical cancer, penis cancer, anal cancer, oral cancer, head and neck cancer.
- Molluscum (MC)
- Mononucleosis is spread through saliva, can occur during sex.
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV/HHV8)
- The cause of Kaposi's sarcoma
- Pubic lice, colloquially known as "crabs" (Phthirius pubis)
- Scabies (Sarcoptes scabiei)
- Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis)
Take control now - start to feel better now - ring and make an appointment now.
Your Private Doctor
117a Harley Street
Tel: 020 7435 9386
Fax: 020 7435 2672
|Your Private Doctor Brighton
Sussex Medical Chambers
126-128 New Church Road
Tel: 01273 424 515
Fax: 01273 421 647
Your Private Doctor is run by Dr Malcolm VandenBurg