[Skip to content]

Private Healthcare UK
Search our Site

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.


Where can I get help with sexual problems?


It sometimes helps to talk through a  problem with a nurse or health professional that you already know or receive care from.  She/he will be able to listen to how you feel, this can help in itself and it is often a good way of beginning to understand the nature of your concerns and the type of help or information you may need.  It may be helpful to consider discussing the issue with your General Practitioner (GP) or Practice Nurse based in your surgery or Health Centre. Alternatively you may wish to have a private consultation with a trained Psychosexual Counselor. Why not arrange a private consultation at one of our clinics.  


Telephone 0345 2303386 or use the Confidential Text Service 07786202070


Specialist organisations and clinics can also provide help such as:

Family Planning Clinics (Reproductive and Sexual Health Services). This site has a lot of useful information on various aspects of sexual health including contraception, pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. The site also suggests some further useful link sites.


NHS GUM clinics (Genito-Urinary Medicine) - Sexual health clinics are sometimes known as genito-urinary medicine (GUM) clinics. They are usually located at your local hospital, or as part of another health centre, in a separate building. You can find your nearest sexual health clinic by visiting the Family Planning Association website (see 'further information), or by calling NHS Direct on 0845 4647. Genito-urinary medicine deals with the male and female sexual organs and the urinary system (the system in the body that produces, stores and gets rid of urine). GUM clinics can usually give you tests for sexual and urinary health problems, such as:sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as syphilis, gonorrhoea, genital warts, and chlamydia,HIV or AIDs,cystitis (bladder infection), and other infections of the genitals, such as thrush. At most GUM clinics you can make an appointment for a general check up, which also include tests for a range of STIs. Before starting a new sexual relationship, it's a good idea for you and your partner to be tested for any sexually transmitted infections. You might also want to have a check-up before trying for a baby.


British Association of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (BASRT) can be contacted for a list of accredited therapists and clinics in your area. This site contains some useful information about psychosexual therapy and what it involves.


Relate.  Relate is the largest relationship counselling organisation in the UK. It has over 2,500 counsellors working in nearly 100 centres in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.  They offer advice, relationship counselling, sex therapy, workshops, mediation, consultations and support face-to-face, by phone and through their website.


In this guide



Get a quote

Get a quote for sexual health treatment

By filling in one enquiry form, you can submit your enquiry for information about sexual health screening or treatment for men and womens sexual health problems to our participating companies.

Complete the enquiry form....