The London Bridge Hospital has established an international reputation for treating liver disease and for liver transplantation.
For an appointment or for any further information on liver disease and liver transplantation, please call London Bridge Hospital on 0845 602 7906 or send an email.
Hepatobiliary and liver surgery
The new liver, gall bladder and upper gastrointestinal unit at London Bridge Hospital provides quick and convenient access to a dedicated team of specialists. The unit is designed to provide a quick and efficient service to avoid repeat and time consuming visits to the hospital and to minimise the discomfort that some gastrointestinal conditions cause in daily life.
The unit comprises a team of leading specialists from top teaching hospitals such as King's College Hospital, St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Trust. They are up-to-date with the latest advances in medical and surgical treatments of disorders relating to the liver, gall bladder and pancreas.
The team is supported by a highly trained nursing staff and all necessary tests and procedures are carried out under one roof at the London Bridge Hospital.
Services provided by the unit:
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Acute and chronic liver disease
- Biliary reconstruction - Roux en y hepatico jejeunostomy
- Digestive problems
- Dyspepsia (heart burn)
- Gallstone disease
- Hepatitis diagnosis and screening
- Liver cyst excision
- Liver resections for tumours (benign and malignant)
- Oesophageal reflux
- Oesophageal, gastric, biliary, liver, gallbladder and pancreatic growths
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Whipple procedure for cancer of pancreas