If you are looking for a laser eye clinic in London, then the London Vision Clinic should be on your shortlist.
That may seem like a strong statement, but the London Vision Clinic emphasises that, in expert hands, laser eye surgery can be an extremely safe, life enhancing experience. More than 100,000 laser eye surgery procedures will be done in the UK this year. Read the guide to Laser Eye Surgery to help make the right choice for your eyesight.
Contact London Vision Clinic
Professor Reinstein is the founder of London Vision Clinic. He is one of the few full-time Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeons in the UK to dedicate his entire professional life to laser eye surgery. The February 2003 issue of Health Which? Magazine states, “Dan Reinstein is one of very few ophthalmologists working in the UK who is a fellowshiptrained specialist refractive surgeon.”
Professor Reinstein completed his undergraduate education at Cambridge (1981 to 1984) and went on to earn his medical degree from Cambridge University - an M.B. B.Chir (1989). He has received extensive post-doctorate fellowship sub-specialty training first in corneal surgery and then in laser eye surgery, including:
- Research Fellowship in Ophthalmic Epidemiology (Institute of Ophthalmology, London 1991);
- Fellowship in Ophthalmology (The Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York 1994);
- Residency in Ophthalmology (Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York 1996);
- Refractive Surgical Fellowship (under Zaldivar, Arbelaez, Chacon, and Barraquer, 1997);
- Fellowship in Cornea, External Disease and Refractive Surgery (University of British Columbia, Canada 1999).
He is one of the few laser eye surgeons in the UK who is a recognised international expert. He is on the specialist register of ophthalmic surgeons in the UK, and a board-certified ophthalmologist in the USA and Canada. He holds professorships and consultant posts in New York (Weill Medical College of Cornell University), London (St. Thomas Hospital – Kings College), and Paris (Centre Hospitalier National d’Ophtalmologie des Quinze-Vingts, Université de Paris VI).
Professor Reinstein is an experienced research scientist and has made major contributions to the field. To date, he:
- Holds 7 patents in techniques or technology relating to laser eye surgery;
- Has delivered 160 lectures at professional meetings on five continents;
- Has published 35 articles in peer reviewed medical journals;
- Has published 40 articles for the Ophthalmic Press;
- Has presented or published over 150 scientific papers or abstracts.
Get a quote for laser eye treatment
If you are looking for a quote for laser eye surgery, or want more information about treatment in your local area, you can complete the Laser Eye Surgery Enquiry Form. Your enquiry will be forwarded to a maximum of three clinics or providers of laser eye treatment who partner with the Private Healthcare UK web site.